FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Newcomer

Secure
Community Member
Hi everyone, getting used to the online forums. Jumped on one elsewhere & it's nice to know there are others out there going through similar "stuff" as anxiety can make you feel very alone. I'm currently working through anxiety that has flared up in the last 9 months. Sometimes it's tough to keep your chin up & moving forward. Had a melt down the other day and have found we need to be gentle with ourselves & trust the universe.
4 Replies 4

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Secure,

Welcome to the forums and I'm really glad you've found the courage to come here and let us know that you are struggling. We are here to listen and support you.

I am suffering from depression and anxiety, and I love what you said about being gentle with ourselves and trusting the universe. I think it's so true, because while things can be overwhelming at times, there are also times which are just "a little bit better".

Are you currently seeing any doctors or other medical health professionals for your anxiety?

You sound like someone who really understands your own feelings and your insights would help so many people who read these posts. Even by posting here, others will also feel like they're not alone in their own struggles.

I'd love to hear more of your story. We're always here if you want to talk.

James

Guest_322
Community Member

Hi Secure,

A warm welcome 😊 The anxiety flare up must have been draining and unsettling. And I agree with you that sometimes it can be daily battle to stay afloat- it's tough indeed.

I also like what you said about being gentle with ourselves. It's a lovely reminder.

Secure
Community Member
Thanks for your replies james1 & dottie123. I'm on meds and am seeing a counsellor. I'm finding these forums are good as you know you are not alone. Sometimes I think we try too hard to cope with these issues instead if you can sometimes take a breath, think about the good things in your life, do what you need to do and let other things be. Don't try to control everything. This may help some people but you have to find what works for you. I'm not always this optimistic, that is the flow of life.

Guest_322
Community Member

Hi again,

I'm glad you have support from your counsellor- they can be so helpful. I agree that connecting with understanding people here helps counter the loneliness a lot. Thanks for sharing your pearls of wisdom 😊 Life is one continuous learning journey indeed.