FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

newbie, struggling with biz managment and drinking

StorminaTeacup
Community Member

HI, I rang BB on Monday. The first time I have ever called an online counsellor. Im glad I did. I went from feeling really low to a bit more realistic and with 1-2 small actions to undertake this week, that gave me a small plan and a reason to get off the couch.

Part of my problem is a drink too much. I have nights I don't drink and I feel optimistic and open-minded the next day, conversely days after drinking, I'm slow, tired, irritated, solemn, woeful, gloomy and so on. Im tired of the Jessy-Hyde (Jekyl) rollar coaster.

I decided on Monday to start to write a book about my drinking and what works to have nights off. Just writing this down has been enormously helpful. So Ill keep going with that.

I also took 2 "mental health days" off from my business (yesterday and today). I found it really draining having the responsibility of 8 employees, and the lack of time for myself. Im glad I've taken these 2 days for ME! I found on BB a new Small Business Owner counselling course, so Ive signed up. I haven't for confirmation yet, but I think that will be helpful to share biz worries with a counsellor.

cheers.

2 Replies 2

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Hello StorminaTeacup

Thankyou for your post, im glad to hear BB service has benefitted you
Good to see you are very aware of your situation
I also find writing thing down and keeping a daily journal helps me alot

So glad to read your post and see your progress, i look forward to hearing more about your journey

Please reach out to BB if you need

Happy Helper

Miz
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you've been taking lots of the right steps to improve your mental health! Firstly I want to say I am proud of you, you're doing a lot of work on yourself. I think journalling can be really helpful, maybe you could even write down some of the emotions you feel that make you want to drink?

Eager to hear more about your training.