FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Jodzstar
Community Member

Thankyou for the ad .

Hi I suffer from panic disorder , anxiety 24/7 , health anxiety , over thinking etc

So most days 6 out of 7 I have anxiety . I can’t relax , my mind won’t stop thinking the worst , I constantly checking my pulse feeling for missed heart beats , tunnel vision , off balance , lightheaded , nausea, weak legs , racing heart , de realisation, detachment , foggy vision, heart skips and the list goes on .

when I have a panic attack it feels if my heart is in a washing machine , I want to vomit , diarrhoea , like I’m about to have a heart attack or stroke , blood pressure can go up to 180/120 , and then as if calming down my whole body will shake uncontrollably starting with my legs and I’m cold .

Am I alone here ? Does anyone else get these symptoms . I’m at my wits end .

Im not on meds everyday as I have trouble with side effects . But I do have medication when needed . I’m at the stage I want to take one everyday .

Feeling alone with this .

1 Reply 1

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jodzstar,

Welcome to the community here. As you have medication to take when required, I am assuming you have talked to a Dr about how you are feeling. Has the Dr advised on other ways to assist yourself other than just medication?

Have you found any strategies that help you to feel better when you become so anxious? Do you have much warning before you start to feel anxious?

Our bodies can react very strongly to panic attacks and anxiety. If we learnt the tricks, we can find ways to help ourselves as well.

Have you tried some deep breathing exercises, they may help you to feel more calm once the attack is over, or maybe even before it becomes to elevated.

Are you aware of the triggers causing these issues to happen? I know a few of my triggers and try to prepare myself mentally for the times I just can't avoid a situation that may cause a panic attack. It doesn't always work.

Hope you can work out some ways to help yourself in all of this so life is more enjoyable for you.

All the best from Dools