FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

In need of support & positivity

Bexneedshelp
Community Member
Hey there.

I'm new to this so bear with me..

These past 3 months.. have been a real struggle..

My dad, has always been the strongest man who I've always turned to for guidance.

He had an accident at home and he's been in hospital since recovery from his injuries.

Every time we visit him he has a smile on his face but I can't help but think that he's just doing that because he wants us to continue to be strong so we can all overcome this.

I'm his first born so it's really hit me hard.

I have a full time job in the health fund industry and often struggle most days to separate my personal life from my work life.

I cannot help but feel helpless and alone even though my partner supports me but I need someone else to talk to.

1 Reply 1

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi BexNeedsHelp

Welcome to the bb forum and thank you for sharing your story.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's accident and that he is still in hospital. I imagine that this has turned your life upside down in more ways than one.

When someone unexpectedly suffers a trauma it leaves loved ones in shock and there's so much sadness and worry. Routines change, as you need to find time for visiting. Mindsets change as you realise your parents are human and vulnerable. I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

When my dad ended up in hospital after brain surgery, I also found it hard. I used to stop in to see the newborns before leaving hospital after every visit, just to feel some joy. It really helped to keep my spirits up.

You really must take good care of yourself as you move through this period of your life. Please do something nice for yourself everyday. What are some of the things you like to do?

It's wonderful that your dad is still smiling, as a positive attitude will help his recovery. I understand that you are still worried but I'm wondering what the evidence is for this concern. Perhaps it would be a good idea to seek an update from his doctors. Might put your mind at ease.

Kind thoughts to you