FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi all

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

The alcohol got me and I've lost everything.

Suicide attempts, Ambos, you name it.

All because my daughter stolen off me and I can't deal with it.

Thank you all and nice to meet you.

Chris

35 Replies 35

Hi Chris Tas,

So sorry for what you are going through at the moment….

Im so sorry the hospital told you to go that must have been very disheartening…….. did you try to explain to them why you were there?

Sorry for the loss of your best mate your grey hound that must be hard for you….

It must be difficult for you to hear what your mum said to you I’m sorry…..

Sophie has given you some contact details so you can call a councillor if you wish it may help you to talk with someone…

We are all here on this forum to support you, please chat to us anytime.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Chris, along with what all the others have said, can I join them in offering you a warm welcome.

I am so truly sorry for the loss of your greyhound, there is never any time we can be prepared for such a tragedy, we always hope it never happens and believe that it won't, but when it does, it not only shocks us but leaves us without our soulmate, the one thing we talk to if we are happy, but more so when we feel sad, I feel your heartbreak and have my utmost sympathy.

Chris, even if you turn up to the hospital while you have been drinking, they won't accept you, unless you are in fear of your life and tell you to go home and sleep it off, but it's not quite that simple, you've been drinking for a reason and desperately want to talk with someone and talking face to face may seem more ideal than speaking with another person on the phone, and I'm not saying that talking with someone on the phone won't benefit you because many times this suits the person.

There are many reasons why we may be susceptible to start drinking and each situation can be completely different, but all are very important, just as, Chris yours is, and really hope you can back to us to discuss.

I was a person who self medicated on alcohol and appreciate what you have said.

Take care.

Geoff.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Thank you to your posts above.

Just in short no I don't ever turn up to hospital drunk or anything. I just wanted help.

To clarify my daughter didn't steal off me. She was stolen off me as ex wife got remarried and claimed i was sexually abusing her and other complete lies.

Hence the alcohol to cope. Life isn't fair.

In Hobart you are refused at hospital if suicidal but there's nowhere else to go?

Hi Chris_Tas,

We appreciate you checking back in with us and clarifying your situation. We can’t imagine how difficult your situation must feel if you feel like you don't have anywhere to turn to for help having, been refused at the hospital.

We will be checking in with you shortly via email to see if you need any additional support as you still seem to be in quite a dark place at the moment.

Hi Chris Tas,

Thank you for your reply and your clarification…

Im sorry your daughter was stolen off you that must be very distressing for you…… can you legally try to obtain access for you to see your daughter?

Im so sorry Hobart hospitals refuse to see you if your suicidal….. that’s sad……. Can you make an appointment with your gp and let them know how you are feeling? You could do a mental health plan together this will enable you to see a psychologist…..

Hang in there I’m here to chat

Hello Chris, thanks for getting back to us and I do apologise for my indiscretion.

I'm very sorry.

Geoff.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi Geoff and Petal.

It wasn't your fault rather me not being clear. Totally my fault.

I'll give my most recent hospital experience.

Totally ok drink wise but was very emotional.

Showed up for suocide help and admin woman said "Covid comes first" which i understand to a degree.

Then a child 7yo comes in with a "slight cough" so I was told "Covid comes first" and that was it.

I lost it completely, no physical violence just said every word possible.

Absolutely ridiculous as took 20mins to find out the kid (who i wish the best btw) yet i just said I'm suicidal and she says "wait your turn".

My daughter thinking of hopefully seeing her again did but I assure you hospital staff in Hobart are a deadset disgrace.

So I've opened up about being suicidal but yeah sure, bring in kids in 15mins later and nothing wrong whatsoever.

Makes sense.

Thanks but no.

I'm a Lawyer but paid my mate and we were screwed over so well.

I did all I could for my daughter but really, males have no chance (no disrespect to females - my best friends are females who are now married etc)

Hi Chris,

Sorry you were treated at the hospital like that….

I’m also sorry that you tried legally to have access to your daughter and it didn’t work out…….. with yourself being the father I would have thought they would have given you some visitation rights?

here to chat

Thank you Petal.

and all previous replies.

It's a difficult time.