FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Here's mine in 50 words

Will.i.am
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

28, M, Sydney

Depression (Dysthymia) & Anxiety

Father, Husband & Son

I look forward to reading your life stories, reading and discussing what has worked for you, sharing my experiences and finding another outlet I can use to help simplify my life.

Thanks and look forward to this new journey!

W

7 Replies 7

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi William, welcome

We have a great community here. Full of support.

I have depression, dysthymia and biplor 2. I licked anxiety in 2012 after 25 years

Like many illnesses a multipronged approach. Correct meds and dosage, relaxation techniques especially muscles tensioning exercises, reevaluating your life like environment, toxic people, career etc

Have a brouse in our threads. Write back if you like and explain a little more about your symptoms, employment family etc.

In effect do what feels right for you.

Welcome aboard.

Tony WK

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi William...good post and thankyou!

• Beyond Blue has been a gift to myself and many many others
  • I have depression but the chronic anxiety has gone..yay
  • Anxiety symptoms do lessen in severity with regular visits to a counselor or GP
  • For me...the meds work....natural remedies help a little but are non effective overall

Will.i.am, What are you going through? The BB Forums are rock secure...Please post back, it would be great to hear back from you:-)

My Kind Thoughts

Paul

Will.i.am
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I want to thank both of you White Knight and Blond Guy.

I really appreciate you sharing your blurb about yourselves. It really encourages me when I see others like me going forward in this world thank you again!

i have being browsing through the forum reading and getting advice for what I am myself experiencing. I find it hard to put in words my story but am sure I will continue to when it comes to mind.

I have joined here as I want to get better or at least manage what I am going through in a positive way.

Zeal
Community Member

Hi Will.i.am,

Welcome!

I'm a 23 year old female, I study third year psychology, and live at home with my parents and younger sister. My boyfriend lives a few streets from me, so it's not hard to find time for each other 🙂

I was diagnosed with OCD (anxiety) at 13, and had mild depression in my teens.

I used to love sport: mainly long-distance running (cross country), athletics and rowing. Since the age of 17, I have not played a regular sport. I like walking, but it would be dishonest to say I'm an active person!

My guilty pleasure is watching talent show videos on youtube, listening to songs on repeat and reading romance novels. In my spare time these days I mainly spend time with my boyfriend, procrastinate from study, come here on the forum, and snack!

I hope you enjoy being part of this community!

Best wishes,

SM

hi Will.i.am, can I ask what your friends call you, Will or by the full name.
I'm one of the oldies but have been through so much in my life but age doesn't really matter at certain times in our life.
My doctor has given up on being a GP and doing skin cancer only now, but he has kept me as his only single GP patient, didn't know I was that bad, I only mean that in jest, but you have 3 important roles in your life right now a Father, Husband and a Son which can conflict with each other, or just one of them could be causing you trouble.
By reading other comments could certainly help you, but there must be questions that you don't know the answer to, so we are here to help and look forward to hearing back from you. Geoff.

Will.i.am
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Have you found your study to be of any benefit to yourself and what your going through?

I use to love been active once apon a time also and find movies as my crutch now. I applauded myself when I get out my front door and not just lay in bed all day!

thank you for the welcome and all the best too for journey for good mental health.

W

Will.i.am
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I have so many different names people choose for themselves. I honestly answer to anything.

G.P mention made me smile. Humour is so powerful and yet in our/my state can be rare!

I have reading and sharing most helpful. Key I find is longevity of which I struggle with 🙄

Learning to manage and moderate is so important to me and dealing with overwhelming emotions.

Put simply I am not sure of my question/s just aware of how I feel.

Good to meet you Geoff.

W