FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello I’m new here

Sleeve
Community Member

Hi I have never posted in a forum before let alone one like this .

i have no one else to talk to about the things I’m going through I don’t really know what’s wrong to be honest

I feel lonely and sad and like no one likes me in general

I would love it if I had a best friend who wanted to chat or see me instead of people who just want to see me when the want or need something

I am married but my husband really pays me no attention

my two daughters have left home youngest recently

I don’t know if what I’m feeling is empty nest syndrome or if it’s something else

has anyone else felt like this ?

5 Replies 5

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sleeve,

Welcome to the forum and well done for reaching out and writing your first post/

Many people here will relate to your post.

I know when my children left home and I was alone as my marriage had broken down before they left.

I tried to rediscover who I was and what I liked as I spent years doing what my children and husband wanted.

Do you have a hobby or a special interest?

Quirky

Hi yes I have a few hobbies I enjoy photography and painting I am trying to join more groups to make some more friends I come from a small rural town so it’s hard

Hello Sleeve

I would like to echo Quirky's welcome and post above!

I just turned 60 yesterday and my daughter left home when she was 20 (she is 26 now with an attitude) and this can be a difficult time to go through for sure. You mentioned in your post that your hubby doesnt really pay you any attention anymore. This is sad yet sometimes common unfortunately as its meant to be a special time of our lives as empty nesters

Being in a small rural town can be just as lonely as living close to a busy city Sleeve yet it doesnt help with meeting new friends....thats an excellent point

At this time...I hope you can stick around the forums as there are many people like us that feel this way...Sure..we dont have instant messaging yet it can be a wonderful forum to a part of even if you wish to share you life experience by helping others too (only if you wish of course!)

I bought a Nikon P900 a year ago and its a great camera....I must make an effort and use it properly as the ocean is only 40 minutes away

I hope you can have a look around the forums and like what you see Sleeve 🙂

Great to have you as part of the Beyond Blue family too

you are not alone

Paul

Sleeve
Community Member

Thank you Paul

it is nice to know I’m not alone in these feelings

I have a wonderful relationship with my daughters i am very lucky

I am just not sure how my marriage is going to go now we have no kids at home we have never really spent much time as just a couple without kids

Deb75
Community Member
You are so lucky that you have children that show you love. I have lost my husband to a nursing home (aged 50 ) I’m 45 and have children that don’t care about me or their dad and I have done nothing to deserve any of it . The world throws a lot of crap at you , don’t give up and stay strong .xx