Welcome and orientation

Welcome! If you’re not sure where to start, that’s OK. We’re keen to know more about you and what you’re looking for on our Forums.

FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

Sophie_M Meet your community champions!
  • replies: 10

Hi everyone, We wanted to share with you the way that our wonderful Community Champions are here to support you. You may have noticed that a few of our Forums members are labelled ‘Community Champion’. Community Champions are volunteers within the Be... View more

Hi everyone, We wanted to share with you the way that our wonderful Community Champions are here to support you. You may have noticed that a few of our Forums members are labelled ‘Community Champion’. Community Champions are volunteers within the Beyond Blue Forums who: have the time, skills and empathy to support other members regularly; help to welcome new members; are actively engaged members that help set the tone of our community. Our Community Champions are regular contributors to many conversations across the forums. They are a consistent and friendly voice that have committed to sharing their experience and expertise with this community. They are not health care professionals or clinicians. Like you, they have an experience with a mental health challenge or diagnosis – either for themselves or someone they care for. This forum is for people who understand what it feels like and have a lived and living experience of mental health challenges. Our Community Champions help everyone feel comfortable and confident by demonstrating what excellent peer support is all about. Click here to find out more about how you can become a Community Champion! This incredible team are excited to introduce themselves below, and we are sure you’ll see them around the forums in conversations important to you.

Aaronsis HELP..Am I posting in the right section?
  • replies: 10

Welcome to those who are considering posting for the very first time, welcome. Thought I would repost part of the words that Chris B posted awhile ago, (2014) as I can hear that people are unsure if they are posting in the right section or worried th... View more

Welcome to those who are considering posting for the very first time, welcome. Thought I would repost part of the words that Chris B posted awhile ago, (2014) as I can hear that people are unsure if they are posting in the right section or worried that they are posting "the wrong thing". 1.A good title makes the difference Just like a headline in a newspaper, when scanning the dozens of threads to click into, it’s only natural that people will choose the ones that resonate with them most. A title that entices the reader, or asks a question, is likely to get a better result than something non-descriptive like “Depression” or “I don't know what to do”. If you think you’re not good at choosing titles, leave it till last. Spend time writing your post, then perhaps choose a sentence from what you’ve written as the title. 2.Join in threads that have already been posted We all have our own unique stories, but part of the reason for joining a forum like this one is because you know that you will have a lot in common with others who are posting. Before starting a new thread, have a look through the current topics being discussed and see if there’s a conversation you can join in with. It can be quite common to have a handful of very similar threads happening at any one time, with members seemingly unaware that there are others right there who are going through the same thing. Talking to other members on their threads is a great way of getting yourself known so that when you post a thread of your own, people may respond quicker because they recognize your name. 3.Choose the most appropriate section for your post Many people browse the forums looking for stories specifically to do with pregnancy and parenting, employment, grief, loss, separation etc. Going straight for the “Depression” section may seem like the easiest option, but this section is often the busiest, so your post is more likely to get lost among the threads. Making good use of the different forum sections not only helps keep the forum relevant, but you’re more likely to find others who are going through the same experiences as you. Also, if you're wanting to discuss issues of trauma, abuse, suicidal thoughts or self-harm, it's really important you post in the designated section to avoid triggering others who may not wish to read about these topics. Mostly..just come and chat, we are here for you. Our amazing wizards in the background will see your message ends up in the right spot. Sarah

All discussions

Arlette Hi guys
  • replies: 5

Hi, I'm Arlette, new to the forum thing, well not for years anyway...I'm on here to feel less alone in my anxiety I guess..it's not easy for people close to me to understand, even my husband doesn't get it..I'm struggling and just need to see that ot... View more

Hi, I'm Arlette, new to the forum thing, well not for years anyway...I'm on here to feel less alone in my anxiety I guess..it's not easy for people close to me to understand, even my husband doesn't get it..I'm struggling and just need to see that other people are going through the same kinds of things...

SuperDarcy12_YT Hello everyone (Newbie here)
  • replies: 9

Hello everyoneI'm new here. Little bit about myself is that i'm currently in Year 9, and an active YouTuber.that's just a little bit about me, and what people see on the outside.But on the inside though is much different. Ever since i started Primary... View more

Hello everyoneI'm new here. Little bit about myself is that i'm currently in Year 9, and an active YouTuber.that's just a little bit about me, and what people see on the outside.But on the inside though is much different. Ever since i started Primary School i have been suffering from Bullying and Cyber-Bullying just because of how people see me. And to make things a bit harder for my life, I've recently been diagnosed with Aspergers, which has lately put a lot on my plate.Sometimes during school and when i'm out and about, i tend to sometimes have mood swings dependent on how i'm feeling and because of occurrences that have happened during the day. All though i try to keep happy most of the time, that's not always going to be the case.My family and some of my friends are aware of some of the things that are occurring but i just tend to keep a lot of the issues trapped in my head in fear that things could get worse if i told them.Either way, this is all just a thing in life that we all need to try and push aside because like school, when it's over, so will be the bullying, and another thing that most of you who are reading this will understand what i'm about to say. If you're diagnosed with something like Autism, Asperger's, Diabetes and Cancer, or suffer from things like Anxiety, OCD, and depression; your not alone, because there are hundreds of people out there who are humble citizens to those around them, but on the inside are just like you.We've all been through tough times at some point in life, and at any point during our lifetime we need to just stop for a moment if something bad has happened and say to ourselves: "That's it, I've had it. I'm tired of taking crap all the time, and i'm gonna turn around and fight back, because i don't care what others think or see of me. Even if i'm the last person left on Earth, i'll be putting my hand out and saying I'M A SURVIVOR! Because i fought back against my greatest fears, and won. Today won't be a day where i thought about my past fears and what i could have done to prevent them; today will be a day where i did something to make my future better!"And i know there a plenty of you readers out there who are thinking the same thing as me, so go out there and make "your world", a greater place! Not anyone else's world; "Your World", so go change something today to make it better, for tomorrow.Thank you for reading.

Queer1 I'm not alone I now see....
  • replies: 4

Hello to anyone who may read this. I'm new to here and not too tech savvy so bare with me. I've recently come to terms I have mental issues which only now after 10 years o have realised I've had for all this time.. I'm scared to be honest, I have a d... View more

Hello to anyone who may read this. I'm new to here and not too tech savvy so bare with me. I've recently come to terms I have mental issues which only now after 10 years o have realised I've had for all this time.. I'm scared to be honest, I have a doc appt in 4 days to medicate me. It hurts as I have had the "she'll be right " attitude for as long as I remember but now I just know -she won't be right until she gets professional help. So yep, I feel like she's stuffed & needs a pill to be normal. I know it has to be done.

OnlyMe66 Hello.
  • replies: 5

I just wanted to say hello. Ive been really down lately and like many on here, I dont have anywhere to turn. Im 50 and ive struggled with certain issues most of my life however ive never actually been diagnosed with any mental health issues. I guess ... View more

I just wanted to say hello. Ive been really down lately and like many on here, I dont have anywhere to turn. Im 50 and ive struggled with certain issues most of my life however ive never actually been diagnosed with any mental health issues. I guess what im trying to say is I know I am suffering with a mental illness and I know I need to make the first step to see a gp but its just taking that step. My brother committed suicide about 9 years ago and I dont want to leave it untill its too late to reach out like he did. I recognize I have a problem. I have seen first hand what that ultimate sacrifice does to a family and its really not good. At that time I was like most people and I thought what he did was the most extreme form of selfishness. But lately I have changed my mind on that. Ive been feeling pretty shitty for about 18 months now but exceptionally bad for about the last 2 months. My brother suffered for about 20 years before he gave up the fight. The thought of felling the way I do right now for 20 years is just uncomprihensibe. My heart totally goes out to him. I dont want to say too much more at this stage but thank you for providing this space so I can release this. Ive been strong for a long time and supported a lot of people but what happens when the support people need support? Whilst I wasnt there to support my brother( we didnt speak for the last 13 years of his life as he was violent toward my wife) I have been a mountain of strength to my immediate family. If I mention how im feeling to my wife she basically tells me to just harden up. Alcohol is a problem which I have curbed over the last few weeks, ive also deleted my facebook page as i find that really depressing and ive stopped watching the 6 oclock news. Hopefully those measures and being able to chat here will make a difference. Its so sad to see so many young people here. If I can be of assistance to anyone please let me know.

Secure Newcomer

Hi everyone, getting used to the online forums. Jumped on one elsewhere & it's nice to know there are others out there going through similar "stuff" as anxiety can make you feel very alone. I'm currently working through anxiety that has flared up in ... View more

Hi everyone, getting used to the online forums. Jumped on one elsewhere & it's nice to know there are others out there going through similar "stuff" as anxiety can make you feel very alone. I'm currently working through anxiety that has flared up in the last 9 months. Sometimes it's tough to keep your chin up & moving forward. Had a melt down the other day and have found we need to be gentle with ourselves & trust the universe.

Sinking92 Another introduction, re: depression
  • replies: 7

Hello to everyone here, I'm not sure about being on this forum to be honest, but I have suffered depression for 10 years or so, over this time I have seen psychologists and psychiatrists, and taken medication. Currently I'm not taking medication, I j... View more

Hello to everyone here, I'm not sure about being on this forum to be honest, but I have suffered depression for 10 years or so, over this time I have seen psychologists and psychiatrists, and taken medication. Currently I'm not taking medication, I just keep in touch with my GP and psychologist regularly. And sometimes I'm ok, but sometimes everything just falls apart again, and I feel like I have nowhere left to turn, which is why I find myself here, but I don't know what else to say now.

lonelyworrierwoman New poster - can't cope anymore

Hi I suffer from anxiety, and lately depression too, and have emetophobia. I feel really overwhelmed and just can't copy anymore, life is just too hard.

Hi I suffer from anxiety, and lately depression too, and have emetophobia. I feel really overwhelmed and just can't copy anymore, life is just too hard.

Blue_Lady Hi everyone, newbie here 😃
  • replies: 8

i have suffered from depression for over 20 years and still trying to deny it! Silly hey? I have hit rock bottom again and hoping I Can pick my self up, dust myself down and begin proper recovery without too much interruption to me and my family

i have suffered from depression for over 20 years and still trying to deny it! Silly hey? I have hit rock bottom again and hoping I Can pick my self up, dust myself down and begin proper recovery without too much interruption to me and my family

MyZincBed I love my Country a land of sweeping planes ...the beauty that surrounds us.
  • replies: 1

We live in the lucky country. if we listen to too much negative news or TV we can develop anxiety. We live far away thank God so why give us the stress and anxiety for those nations when we have enough in our own back yard. Sure we should help those ... View more

We live in the lucky country. if we listen to too much negative news or TV we can develop anxiety. We live far away thank God so why give us the stress and anxiety for those nations when we have enough in our own back yard. Sure we should help those less fortunate than ourselves, that have wars and famines. But the battle I face is mostly in the mind. garbage in , Garbage out. Love in , Love out. See the difference. We focus on helping others as this beyond blue is a great source of release. I am glad I am here. Thank you.

Shaz19 New to site

Hi, i don't know where to start, so here goes. I am in a relationship with a very caring and loving man that is going through a very tough time. His moods are all over the place. He can be relaxed and happy, enjoying life & then suddenly he wants me ... View more

Hi, i don't know where to start, so here goes. I am in a relationship with a very caring and loving man that is going through a very tough time. His moods are all over the place. He can be relaxed and happy, enjoying life & then suddenly he wants me out of his life because of a problem that he sees, that might eventuate. I am exhausted, but want to help him, but don't know where to begin. Any suggestions