Welcome and orientation

Welcome! If you’re not sure where to start, that’s OK. We’re keen to know more about you and what you’re looking for on our Forums.

FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pinned discussions

Sophie_M Meet your community champions!
  • replies: 10

Hi everyone, We wanted to share with you the way that our wonderful Community Champions are here to support you. You may have noticed that a few of our Forums members are labelled ‘Community Champion’. Community Champions are volunteers within the Be... View more

Hi everyone, We wanted to share with you the way that our wonderful Community Champions are here to support you. You may have noticed that a few of our Forums members are labelled ‘Community Champion’. Community Champions are volunteers within the Beyond Blue Forums who: have the time, skills and empathy to support other members regularly; help to welcome new members; are actively engaged members that help set the tone of our community. Our Community Champions are regular contributors to many conversations across the forums. They are a consistent and friendly voice that have committed to sharing their experience and expertise with this community. They are not health care professionals or clinicians. Like you, they have an experience with a mental health challenge or diagnosis – either for themselves or someone they care for. This forum is for people who understand what it feels like and have a lived and living experience of mental health challenges. Our Community Champions help everyone feel comfortable and confident by demonstrating what excellent peer support is all about. Click here to find out more about how you can become a Community Champion! This incredible team are excited to introduce themselves below, and we are sure you’ll see them around the forums in conversations important to you.

Aaronsis HELP..Am I posting in the right section?
  • replies: 10

Welcome to those who are considering posting for the very first time, welcome. Thought I would repost part of the words that Chris B posted awhile ago, (2014) as I can hear that people are unsure if they are posting in the right section or worried th... View more

Welcome to those who are considering posting for the very first time, welcome. Thought I would repost part of the words that Chris B posted awhile ago, (2014) as I can hear that people are unsure if they are posting in the right section or worried that they are posting "the wrong thing". 1.A good title makes the difference Just like a headline in a newspaper, when scanning the dozens of threads to click into, it’s only natural that people will choose the ones that resonate with them most. A title that entices the reader, or asks a question, is likely to get a better result than something non-descriptive like “Depression” or “I don't know what to do”. If you think you’re not good at choosing titles, leave it till last. Spend time writing your post, then perhaps choose a sentence from what you’ve written as the title. 2.Join in threads that have already been posted We all have our own unique stories, but part of the reason for joining a forum like this one is because you know that you will have a lot in common with others who are posting. Before starting a new thread, have a look through the current topics being discussed and see if there’s a conversation you can join in with. It can be quite common to have a handful of very similar threads happening at any one time, with members seemingly unaware that there are others right there who are going through the same thing. Talking to other members on their threads is a great way of getting yourself known so that when you post a thread of your own, people may respond quicker because they recognize your name. 3.Choose the most appropriate section for your post Many people browse the forums looking for stories specifically to do with pregnancy and parenting, employment, grief, loss, separation etc. Going straight for the “Depression” section may seem like the easiest option, but this section is often the busiest, so your post is more likely to get lost among the threads. Making good use of the different forum sections not only helps keep the forum relevant, but you’re more likely to find others who are going through the same experiences as you. Also, if you're wanting to discuss issues of trauma, abuse, suicidal thoughts or self-harm, it's really important you post in the designated section to avoid triggering others who may not wish to read about these topics. Mostly..just come and chat, we are here for you. Our amazing wizards in the background will see your message ends up in the right spot. Sarah

All discussions

19Anu Anger or Anxiety
  • replies: 1

I exactly don't know what it is....we have been in Adelaide for 2years now and my struggle with these two things are getting worse. I don't know what exactly is this...is it my family..new place or something else. For the longest time I want to take ... View more

I exactly don't know what it is....we have been in Adelaide for 2years now and my struggle with these two things are getting worse. I don't know what exactly is this...is it my family..new place or something else. For the longest time I want to take the help but now things are getting little out of control in every aspect of life.

TOMA new here
  • replies: 3

Hi I new here used to post on sane forum but got lost in myself and moved trying to start life again but you cant hide from yourself. Basic info oct 12 2012 5.30pm my previous life stopped and scorpion came to be. we spent 3mths in rehab hospital kic... View more

Hi I new here used to post on sane forum but got lost in myself and moved trying to start life again but you cant hide from yourself. Basic info oct 12 2012 5.30pm my previous life stopped and scorpion came to be. we spent 3mths in rehab hospital kicked out as they needed beds so a few of us where unseromonusly discharged in to the world unfit unready. We have been diagnosed with suvere depression PSTD anxiety issues occasional suicidal thoughts hate crowds and traffic. So quit longstanding well paid job sold house for a loss and move to a small country town and not a traffic light for 400klm. But no this didn't really help less triggers but still struggling cant do what I loved for 40 years, most of my old friends no longed contact me or reply if I contact them. So we come to today woke up feeling strange like it wasn't me and the world wasn't really mine took a sleep pill went back to sleep still feel like im watching someone else living my life sort of like a dream cant wake from. just need to get this out of me if I say this to my doc he just wants to put me in care and just don't want that. anyway looking forward to reading how other people are coping hoping to learn form others. Scorpion

worldcitizen1919 Hello everyone

Hi . I’m new here and have just joined. How is everyone? Are you happy? I’m happy now and have had a stable multi cultural marriage for 41 years now, had no alcoholic drinks for 46 years and am very happy. But it wasn’t always like this. I went throu... View more

Hi . I’m new here and have just joined. How is everyone? Are you happy? I’m happy now and have had a stable multi cultural marriage for 41 years now, had no alcoholic drinks for 46 years and am very happy. But it wasn’t always like this. I went through a very turbulent period in my life involving 6 suicide attempts, being in and out of many mental institutions and even receiving 6 courses of ect. So if there was hope for me then I personally believe that there is hope for everyone as I was diagnosed as a chronic schizophrenic yet now I’m amongst the healthiest people on earth mentally and with no issues whatsoever. So I look forward to get to meet you all and see how you all are doing.

Jazz22 Hi (new here and eager to connect)
  • replies: 4

Hi all, I am new here to this forum. I have not publicly posted out about my anxiety, despite living with it for most of my life. I have trouble being alone (particularly staying at home alone, or going out by myself). This has been an ongoing issue ... View more

Hi all, I am new here to this forum. I have not publicly posted out about my anxiety, despite living with it for most of my life. I have trouble being alone (particularly staying at home alone, or going out by myself). This has been an ongoing issue as long as I can remember, but has recently developed into OCD type symptoms. I often feel ashamed or embarrassed that I am unable to complete normal and everyday tasks, unlike others. Does anyone else find they face the same/similar issues? I see a psychologist regularly, but still often give in to the thoughts/feelings or ability to avoid anxious situations. I am hoping to connect with people who understand and look for more strategies to assist further. Thanks for your time.

Deak Cyber crime trauma

Hi I'm new to these types of forums. Never used them before. I am currently dealing with the effects of trauma of losing money to cyber scammers. Feeling ashamed and embarrassed and blaming myself as I feel I should have known better. They just seeme... View more

Hi I'm new to these types of forums. Never used them before. I am currently dealing with the effects of trauma of losing money to cyber scammers. Feeling ashamed and embarrassed and blaming myself as I feel I should have known better. They just seemed so convincing and knew things I had not told them about my situation. Emotionally distraught at the loss. Wondering if anyone else out there has had similar issues and how they coped.

Down_the_rabbit_hole New to this. Riding the waves
  • replies: 5

Hello We are not alone in this, but we seem to feel it within ourselves. Been riding through what I like to call waves since I was 14. I am turning 30 this week. I am on one of the biggest waves at the moment. One that makes me feel worthless, sad, g... View more

Hello We are not alone in this, but we seem to feel it within ourselves. Been riding through what I like to call waves since I was 14. I am turning 30 this week. I am on one of the biggest waves at the moment. One that makes me feel worthless, sad, guilty and angry. I don’t want to feel like this anymore. I get relief for sometimes months even a year then all of a sudden I will feel like this, but every time it’s a little worse. I HAVE NOTHING TO BE SAD ABOUT. I am very fortunate. I have a amazing family, fiancé and group of friends. There are so many other people worse off then me and I’m sorry. This wave is starting to push me away from people I love. Starting to make me feel so angry and hate myself. I can’t express to people how I feel because it comes out wrong. I don’t want to be around people, speak, act or let them know how horrible I feel. Everyone is dealing with their own problems they do not need mine. “I know I can pull myself out of this, I have done it so many times before” I tell myself, but what if I can’t this time. There is no other option but getting out of this. The other option is not a option. To all the people out there suffering I wish I could give you a big hug and make this all go away. I wish this could go away. Stay safe everyone.

StevieN1981R Sufferer of extreme health anxiety and depression
  • replies: 4

I've suffered extreme anxiety since our was 11 though had health anxiety before that. As I get older it gets worse going to the doctors scares me. I get paralyzed with fear through extreme stages and don't want to leave my house. I am on medication g... View more

I've suffered extreme anxiety since our was 11 though had health anxiety before that. As I get older it gets worse going to the doctors scares me. I get paralyzed with fear through extreme stages and don't want to leave my house. I am on medication gave been for 5 years now. I just want to connect with someone like me . As when I get over the health anxiety I then get very depressed because of how it ruins my life ..

Joste New to trying to understand how i work.

Hi i am new to here and new to getting help with schitzo effective disorder. I am keen to learn more on how to improve lifestyle and living a normal life again. I will post more on this later today i hope , just wanted to say hello and start moving f... View more

Hi i am new to here and new to getting help with schitzo effective disorder. I am keen to learn more on how to improve lifestyle and living a normal life again. I will post more on this later today i hope , just wanted to say hello and start moving forward with a better life.

StgCrw Hi
  • replies: 20

Hi. I wrote several long posts for other parts of the forum and deleted them nearly immediately, so I thought I’d start by just introducing myself. I’ll try not to focus too much on what I’m struggling with at the moment and just tell you a bit about... View more

Hi. I wrote several long posts for other parts of the forum and deleted them nearly immediately, so I thought I’d start by just introducing myself. I’ll try not to focus too much on what I’m struggling with at the moment and just tell you a bit about myself. Tasmanian. Roadie. 30ish. Don’t let the roadie bit put you off, it’s not like the 70’s anymore. Gone are the days of sex drugs and rock’n’ roll - mostly anyway. These days it’s all about professionalism, technical knowledge and the ability to multitask under pressure. Unfortunately some things haven’t changed. The ridiculously long hours, months away from home, diet of truck stop pies and complete lack of anything resembling a social life put most people off pretty fast. I’ve been a fairly quiet, introverted fellow for as long as I can remember, many would call me a loner. Lately it’s taking a toll on even me though. Or maybe it’s just fatigue. Probably both. I try and do landscape photography in my spare time. being based in Tasmania means there is no end of possibilities when I want to go and look for something new. Sadly lately my car is knackered which is cramping my style and I’m struggling to drum up the motivation to get out there. I try hard to not just photograph the same tired instagram locations and do my own thing. There’s no artistic merit and no satisfaction to be had in taking the same shot that’s been done a thousand times before. Sadly a lot of these places that I hold so dear are directly threatened by climate change - the thought of watching them inevitably deteriorate over the coming decades is heartbreaking. so, that’s me in a nut(case)shell. Hope you all are doing OK and whatever brings you here is not taking too much of a toll.

Anonymous7289 I don’t think I’m normal

My heart hurts when I’m sad and I have friends and a boyfriend and my family is okay when there not on drugs but I feel lonely and empty...

My heart hurts when I’m sad and I have friends and a boyfriend and my family is okay when there not on drugs but I feel lonely and empty...