FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxious and unable to cope with the current situation

Spreet
Community Member
Hi

I am feeling depressed and anxious during the self isolation period. I am unsure when it will end. I don't know where everything is going to be.
2 Replies 2

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Spreet

I am so proud you have reached out here today, it is a really hard time at the moment, it is full of change, full of uncertainty and we are at home and not doing the usual things we do each day. It is different and it is unusual and something we have never had to do before, so there is absolutely room to feel the feelings you are, to feel anxious and worry that there is no end in site. However, this is a time in our life, there will be an end to this, there will be normality after this and we will be ok. I think it is also a time that we have been afforded to maybe look at our lives and see how we can do things differently, make sure we do appreciate the people in our lives, stop and take a breath each day to appreciate it.

I don't know when this will end, I don't think any of us do, however, in this time we can do things to perhaps prepare for when we do "resume", have you wanted to do art, or wanted to sew or read or learn a language. Take this time that we are "paused" to focus on some good things for you.

I am so glad you have reached out today and I hope to chat to you some more.

Huge hugs to you

Sarah xx

Emmen
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Spreet,

Welcome to the forum 🙂

I too am uncertain about when this isolation will end and about what the future holds for me. You're not alone in this. Thank you for reaching out.

I agree with Sarah - do use this time to do things that you've never had the time to do. Many I know are using this time to cook more, especially to try new recipes and such. It's a good starting point since you can incorporate it into your daily routine, especially if you're unsure what activity you want to pursue at this point. Despite the uncertainty, this period will not last forever. So why not make sure that at the end of this, you are refreshed and able to meet the demands of daily life again?

Warm wishes,
Emmen