FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety at work and taken advantage of none understands me!!

Trippa
Community Member
I need advice on how to stay calm at work. I have anxiety bad and i can’t deal with workplace issues/gossip
2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi trippa,

Welcome to beyond blue.

Your simple post and there is so much I could write cause that was where my issues started. Well that was what I thought.

The answer to your question is many different ways. It could be talking to someone. Or distraction and coping tools - if you look on the forums here for threads on grounding and mindfulness there are a number of ideas there.

I would be interested in hearing more of your story. To get a better idea of situation. As a person with depression and anxiety, I have some experience with what you are talking about. I am listening to you.

Tim

Trippa
Community Member

Hi,

I’m an over thinker and can’t stand it when there issues at work that are over seen.
I find myself over sharing because my mind is racing.
I find myself to be an easy target for bullying or being labelled incompetent because i can’t contribute at meetings because of anxiety.
I’m really good at my job, i have three. I find that I can’t function around more that one adult.

I feel like people try to bring me down and that’s easily done because my anxiety controls me. It makes me tired and i can’t trust anyone.
I often drive around in my car to take up time because my anxiety tells me there’s nowhere that i can go.
I have a five year old and my Mum, sister (3 years ago) and best friend(2yrs ago) have died in the last few years.
My anxiety sets the bar to high, I remember everything everyone says and even a small inconsistency or lie impacts me.