FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

AnimalLover2

AnimalLover2
Community Member

Hello I’ve been trying to post for over a month. I have registered and tried to reset my password many times with no luck. Also I cannot find where to “reply” to any of the conversations…… can someone please help me? 

14 Replies 14

Sophie_M
Dear AnimalLover2,

Welcome to the forums, we’re sorry to hear you have been having issues accessing the forum and posting. As this post has come through successfully, we encourage you to attempt to do so again to see if it is now working for you.

The way to reply to a post is to use the blue “Reply” button, it is located at the bottom right corner of each post. We hope this helps, but if you have any further issues accessing the site please reply to this post or contact moderation assistance is replying is still an issue via modsupport@beyondblue.org.au.

We hope this helps and look forward to your contributions on the forums. 

Warm regards
Sophie M

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear AnimalLover2~

I'd like to join Sophie_M in welcoming you here to the forum. It can be a most confusing place to come to, hopefully at least you will be able to return here.

At this stage we have no idea what sort of circumstances made you think to come here. If you would like ot say a litle about yourself perhaps we'll be able to have a better conversation, one you may enjoy or find useful - or better still both:)

I look forward to hearing from you (just hit the blue REPLY button below this message which will open a window into which you can type in whatever you wish, then hit REPLY again to send it)

Croix

Thank you for your quick response and help accessing this wonderful website. I’ve gotten this far but still can’t see any reply button at the bottom of any posts. I can relate to so many posts and hoping by sending this email the “reply button” will now appear to allow me to participate in conversations with others who suffer from depression. It’s such a lonely disease, having someone to talk to would be a great comfort. AnimalLover2

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear AnimalLover2~

It's good you manged another post. When I think back the only times I've not seen a big blue Reply button below posts is if I am not logged on.

Maybe you are inadvertently logging off, or are timing-out without activity and are being logged off automatically - just a guess.

I agree, as someone who has had depression and other matters for a very long time it is horrible. Thankfully I'm a lot better now than I used to be, thanks in part to family support, a competent psychiatrist and a set of medications that suit me and are reasonably effective - people did notice the change.

I also understand it can be lonely, many people just do not understand and when they  say things like "you have al ot going for you" it makes me feel worse because I see the big gap between me and them.

Do you mind if I ask if you have any medical assistance for your depression? Getting that help was the start of my eventual imporvment

Good luck posting again

Croix

Finally! Thank you Croix 😊 I was about to just give up on trying to navigate my way through. I’m sorry, I’m not very savvy with websites but I am certainly learning now! I don’t even know how I found your reply eventually but so happy I did. Yes I don’t think I was actually logging in and didn’t want to ask a friend or family member as that would defeat the whole purpose of reaching out to someone confidentially. I try to keep my depression to myself so as not to worry any of my loved ones. I am on medication  and have been for quite a long time. My depression comes and goes…..but this time it’s been many months. It’s such a horrible lonely condition that robs you like a thief in the night stealing all your happiness and energy for no reason. Thank you again so much for your reply. I don’t think I was logging in properly so your advice was gold! I hope I can connect with you and others again. You’ve made my day 😊.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear AnimalLover2~

Well it's nice to have a win. This place does take getting used to and can be very frustrating. You can of course email a question if you are stuck as Sophie said to

modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

and of course you can ask ask in one of your posts and I'd expect someone such as myself may be able to help.

It's a real pity you cannot go a friend or family member, not only for advice on the Forum, but also about your depression. Mind you, you are not alone in that . Very many try to soldier on by themselves.

I did for ages, wore a mask of normality as it were. It certainly stopped people asking awkward questions and kept everyday life seemingly on an even keel, however I ended up finding it too exhausting. All that pretending took a lot of energy, constantly being on guard.

Plus of course I had the sneaking feeling if I had to hide part of myself then maybe I was not worth much anyway.

I was very surprised when I simply had to talk, at how understanding and supportive my partner was - but then again I've been very lucky. To start with she very much felt it was her fault, but after going to my psych and having all my symptoms explained she gained confidence and was a wonder.

May I ask if htere  is anyone, family or friend, you might be able to talk to? They do not have to try to 'fix' anything, just listen and care. It made a big difference to me.

As I'm sure you know depression does come in waves, however months is a long time. When it has happened to me I've had my meds adjusted until things improved then went back to the regular regimen. Of course I did this though my psych. Adjustments can often be a normal part of treatment

Do you think it is worth discussing this with your doctor or psych? (My apologies if you have thought of this already)

Hope to hear from you again if you feel like talking

Croix

AnimalLover2
Community Member

Finally I have just found your posts but still no “reply button” appears! I do press the log in button but is there another step after that? Thankyou to anyone out there who can suggest what I am still doing wrong…….. I do appreciate the people who have responded with suggestions. Maybe I am blocked from replying for some reason inadvertently? Once again thank you to all who have tried to help……. AnimalLover2 

It might be that you haven't logged on?

TonyWK 

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear AnimalLover2

This is very frustrating for you but I'm sure it can be fixed.

After you hit the LOGIN button one of two things should happen:

1) If you browser (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Edge etc.) remembers your email address and password you will go direct to the Forum and REPLY buttons will be active at the bottom right of any post.

2) If your browser does not remember your email and password you will go to another screen in which you can enter your email address and password manually, then you can press a green LOGIN square button below your password, which wil take you to the forum

As you have managed this post to us above I guess you have managed the login process ok but something else is wrong

See if there is a REPLY button at bottom right of my post, if so reply to let me know, if not I suggst you contact

modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

who should be able to help

Croix