FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A bit about me

Brose1706
Community Member

Hi I am Bethany-Rose,

I am 13 years old and I have been struggling with my anxiety and depression for just under a year and it has been particularly hard since before this I was a very bright and cheery girl.

I have been struggling with medical problems that nobody has found an answer for and it is really frustrating. The doctors end up saying that everything I am experiencing is psychological.

I have had cancer before but that never dragged me down. So all of this is very annoying to say the least.

I don’t want to attend school unless I get to see a teacher that makes my day so much better and I don’t want to see my friends because I feel like I can’t be myself around them. This is very difficult to deal with considering that I should be able to be myself around my friends.

I have come onto beyond blue via the recommendation of my amazing psychologist ☺️. I hope I can find new coping methods with all of this stuff and be reassured that I am not alone in this battle.

thank you for taking the time to listen to me. 🙂

-Beth

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Beth, can I welcome you to the forums, and it's so upsetting to hear you are trying to cope with what's going on around you.

When you feel like this then what can happen is that either your friends disappear, or you, the person won't feel like being with them, simply because what they are doing is far too much for you to even consider or you don't like the questions that are asked to you.

One place for you to contact is KidsHelpline 1800 55 1800 or you can place this in the search browser and it will appear, where you can talk to them via the net or you can see them.

Another place is eHeadSpace where the same applies.

If you want to please get back to us so a conversation can develop.

Take care.

Geoff.