FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Definately nothing to do with his behaviour.He had severe pain where his appendix is.Might be back at the hospital tomorrow or tonight as the pain is still there.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Mark...

I am sorry your son has been unwell...

Just popping in to wish both you and your son the very best and hope he gets well soon.....

Kind thoughts with my best wishes and care..

Grandy..

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark, I meant his behaviour might have been partly due to him feeling unwell or uncomfortable.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Sorry Hanna I see what you mean now.Anything is possible and won't rule it out but my feeling and knowing my son says probably not.Always good to have these other point of view.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Last night my son started vomiting again.We have an early doctors appointment and maby back at the hospital depending on what the GP thinks.

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark,

I'm so sorry I haven't been here for a while! How is your son, what happened, did he need to have his appendix removed?

How is your daughter going with her course?

Are you getting this dreadful cold weather and wind where you are, or are you far enough north you're not affected by it?

I hope you and your family are OK, again my apologies for not being here sooner.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Hanna after almost a week in hospital the surgeons were happy for him to go home and did not require surgery.He seems back to normal now.

My daughter is enjoying her course and is coming up to the halfway point.She has rebooked her orientation at the RSPCA in two weeks time.

Freezing here today with the wind.Nice inside withe the fire going.But I have noticed I need to do a repair to it so I will try and do that tomorrow.

My doctor's surgery seems to be in trouble with most of the doctors leaving and the nurse who's been there for years leaving.Impossible to get an appointment there now.

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Mark,

That's such good news about your son and your daughter! I'm glad to hear your son has recovered and your daughter is enjoying her course so much!

Do you know the reason for the staff leaving the doctor's surgery en masse like that? It's difficult at the best of times to get a GP appointment in rural areas.

We have sleet here this afternoon, but I braved a long walk with my dog this morning, I enjoy walking in cold fresh weather, but by this afternoon it really was too cold with a freezing wind, to go outside - we are staying warm inside with the heating on now!

I hear on the news it's cold right up into Queensland. My part of NSW is always very cold in winter, but today is ridiculously cold, mostly because of the strong wind.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
It's been a long couple of weeks.My children's mother has covid and is very ill with it.We have all tested negative here.My daughter has her RSPCA open day on Saturday but might have to change it again.My son has sports day next Tuesday and is excited about that so hoping he can go.Its been a very stressful time for me.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

My daughter is very excited today as she has her first shift at the RSPCA this afternoon.I am feeling a bit nervous and anxious and I am sure she is to.I will stay in town after I dropped her off as by time I get home it will only give me a hour before I have to go and get her.Might go to Bunnings for a look.I am not much for walking around shops so will get bored pretty easy.I don't have much money this week to spend.To many things I need to pay for and now I need to put a new starter motor in the car as well as new tyres and rego.

My son had his sports day on Tuesday and competed in everything.Finished last in everything but had a go.He got tired and cranky at the end of the day.One more week and it's school holidays again.