FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

anyone here have any experiences with a spouse that has ocpd or may have ocpd

Dalailama
Community Member

Having had major issues with my wife over the last 15 years approx, been together 25 years first 10 blissful and close. until first baby arrived,.

Its now near the end, for several years i have decided i have had enough. but put it off for the kids. Then somehow i came across ocpd. ocpd fits like a glove on what i perceive to be the the problem with my wife. To me its crystal clear. Is there someone who has had there spouse diagnosed that can help me is some discussion. Shes a tuff one.

11 Replies 11

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Kasangel, thanks for your comment, these obsessions you mention are also what happens when you have OCD.

I used to do them when I was much younger 95% of the time, now it's not so prevalent.

What we do over the years does change a great deal, but from one obsession comes another one.

Geoff.

My husband ticks all the behaviours of OCBP and also some narcissistic behaviours. He is in denial that there is anything wrong with him and refuses to see our GP. He claims I am the one who needs help because I am overly emotional and have attitude (I give back chat and stand up for myself).