FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tell us your thoughts - What's kept or keeping you here?

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

This is not an easy thread to make but I'm doing it because I think it's important.

I can see that you're all hurting and I know because I'm hurting too. Right now I'm in an easier place but it wasn't that long ago where I wasn't. Often we can find lots of reasons why we don't want to be here, and very few reasons that we do. So I'm making this post to bring everyone together to either find reasons to stay or show me why you've stayed. I don't care whether they are small or big reasons. They are reasons.

Please feel free to post below because I want to hear yours, and I want this to be a thread where people who come here can grab onto a reason too.

The reasons why I chose to stay -

- My dogs.

- Planning to die was very complicated.

- I wanted to hold on just in case things got a little bit better.

and now, I'm glad that I stayed. Please know that while suicide will end the pain, it will end your life too - so you'll say goodbye to any opportunities that things might get better. Opportunities for laughter, joy and beautiful memories. Sometimes it's about staying with the pain and finding other ways to let go of it without saying goodbye to our life.

707 Replies 707

Tams20
Community Member

What is keeping me here? My kids, husband and parents - they would all be devastated and I couldn’t do that to them. They don’t deserve to be made to feel like that due to my selfish behaviour. I earn the money for my family so they would be impacted financially.

I don’t actually want to kill myself. I just want all of this to be over, and by ‘this’ I mean me feeling depressed, sad, confused and tired... I just need to try harder to find ways to manage things that don’t involve me taking that final irreversible step.

Tams

Amy23
Community Member
Do things you love most, it might not help but at least find happiness somewhere in life

Chloe_M
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I agree with you Amy. Also love your user picture that was my laptop background previously.

Amy23
Community Member
Thank you. I'm good at giving advice but I don't know how to follow it, I help people but not my self

Emmy.
Community Member

My husband.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Everyone,

Tomorrow keeps me here. I hope that one day tomorrow something good or amazing will happen in my life.. We never know what tomorrow will bring us, so atm I'm staying here to find out.

Grandy..

Miss_T
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Although it is an uncommon therapy, Transpersonal Therapy keeps me here. I am also a fan of Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) and wish we could get a rebate for this and life coaching from private health insurance.

Cornerstone
Community Member

At this point no idea. My husband just told me that I best to separate from them kids and him, as my depression and suicidal thoughts are causing behaviour issue in the house .

Who won’t feel suicidal, when you ask the one you leave ve to protect you because you have thoes thoughts. Anyway i got the news last night, and my treating doctor is in London (no access to help). I haven’t had the need to call 131114 yet. But just very upset to have a loving husband to tell me to go at my lowest point. And off cause he has booked a council appointment for him self. I am breath just breathing but not sure what left to do. Hiding in my bed 1/2 the day. Too scare too sad. Tried to meditation continuesly to keep me calm.

Life and relationships bites hard at the moment.

Why the love one abandoned depression person, I have a mental disability and I still trying to improve. This situation of “lets seperate” has take me back 10 steps. Why is people so cruel

Chloe_M
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Cornerstone, hi, do you have a thread?

If you do please tell me what it's called I will pop over and see if I can help you x

chloe

Thx Chloe M,

i am new to this space, and desperate:) - at least i know i need support and reframing from calling lifeline. I am worried it will effect my teen kids. They already experienced once with ambulance turning up my door.

I will try to work out how to start a thread. My head’s neurons are on speedway. Spiraling down fast!