FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Finally I have broken

ATS
Community Member

I am 41 yo dad of 3 I get along great with my wife who has mental health issues of her own I am usually the strong one in the family but I have broken down had a nervous breakdown get constant panic attacks yesterday I heard noises in my head saying life is too hard everything is on your shoulders just end it right here the only thing that has stoped me is my children and my wife otherwise I think I would of attempted to go ahead with it I have Been suffering from this s long time but I cannot hide it anymore because it is getting worse

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Dear ATS

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums ATS, we are so glad that you have made you way here and had the bravery to post and will be reaching out to you privately to offer you some additional support this evening.

It sounds like everything is and has been all on you for a while now; you are clearly an amazing support for your family and we acknowledge that this takes strength and persistence!  But so does acknowledging that things are becoming overwhelming and that it is time to reach out for some support, so please give yourself the credit you deserve this evening.

Have you spoken with anyone about what you are going through?  We encourage you to at least start with your GP who can explore some options for support, perhaps through a mental health care plan?.  In the meantime AST, we would love for you to give one of our fully trained counsellors a call for some counselling support, we are here 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via our WebChat.  In addition, our lovely friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) and the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467) are always there for you whenever things are feeling like too much to cope with.

Thank you again for reaching out, we will leave you in the hands of our lovely community members who will be here on your thread soon. They’re a really amazing community, and will have understanding, advice and kind words for you.  Thanks again for sharing. It’s a powerful and brave first step towards feeling better.

Regards 

Sophie M

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ATS,

Im so sorry you are feeling this way.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As Sophie M has already advised seeing a gp would be a good start for you.

You can explain how your feeling and how it’s affecting your life.

I learned that these types of thoughts can usually accompany anxiety and depression.

Im sorry you have been suffering with this for so long, you don’t need to do this alone there are people who can help you.

A psychologist can also be helpful they can teach you many coping strategies.