FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,815 Replies 4,815

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion
  1. The ability to travel, specifically within Australia
  2. Friends who listen and understand 
  3. Calendars

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
  • Living in close proximity to nature and wildlife. I get to see so many different birds, reptiles and mammals in this area and just love seeing them.
  • The internet - it can be such a useful resource and I feel less isolated knowing I can access all kinds of things for info, help or general interest. There is a YouTube video for solving just about anything!
  • Peace and quiet.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
  • Clarity about a confusing situation
  • Getting lots of housework done today
  • Catching with someone special

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lovely few hours volunteering in op shop .

watching the rain on my garden

the joy of sharing my love of books with others. 

Watching the storm in safety of verandah

Chatting to a neighbour I met last week

feeling grateful to have a waterproof cottage.m

Quirky, I love watching storms from verandahs (providing lightning isn’t too close!). I’m glad your cottage is water proof. I hope the storm has cleared away some hot weather.

My three:

• The lizards living under my water tank. They are characters and I see them every time I go out there in warm weather.
  • People with a genuine capacity for empathy.
  • Songs that give me courage and express understanding.