Three things to be thankful for today
Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.
I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!
So my three things for today are:
1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day
2: The ability to read and write
3: A lovely hot shower.
Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.
Hey everyone, lovely gratitude posts to read. Hope you feel better soon Croix. Hugs.
I took one of your hugs too Dools! I'm sure there are plenty left.
Today I'm grateful for:
* my job. Had a rough mixed up day but any day is a good day having a job!
* leisure time. Was able to have a nap after shopping, so that was nice!
* my pets and my kids. All so sweet and adorable giving me lots of cuddles.
1) Tomorrow is my last day at my job. I had 7 months under my belt which is a bit on the short side for me but on the other hand I'm so glad I survived that. It was very stressful, most if not every day.
2) Thankful for these forums 🙂
3) Thankful for my family, friends and partner (and dog of course!)
Mrs C gave me a great deal of help trying to get the garage in some semblance of order, it is great to be so loved but it will cost her I'm afraid, she will need a new hip soon and excessive activity hurts.
My back, with meds, lasted until I'd almost finished the first stage, much longer than I'd expected.
A by-product of my milder meds is I talk, and as I tend normally to be the silent type, leaving the conversation to Mrs C, ( I don't think she has any difficulties with that role). Those med-induced conversations bring Mrs C and I closer together. We each learned more about each other again today, a delight.