FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

✨Positive phrases to say to yourself when you're depressed, anxious, or whenever

TryAgain
Community Member

I'd like to share a few "self-talk" phrases that I've jotted down over years past.  Little nuggets of positive inspiration that I hear/write/meditate on, or just simply read (or re-read like a mantra) on a regular basis.  Maybe their called affirmations?  Things I want to manifest or continue to have.  Helps me when I'm feeling down or nervous.  Or if I'm doing OK, I'll still practice saying them aloud to myself regularly as a sort of maintenance exercise, just trying to keep up the positive momentum.   

Below are a few samples from my journaling.  I'd love to hear some of yours too!! 🤗

❤️ I only talk to myself with love.

❤️ My body is beautiful just the way it is.

❤️ I will focus on living in the present moment.

❤️ People are lucky to have me in their lives.

❤️ My pain is temporary.

5 Replies 5

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi TryAgain,

Thank you for your positive post.

I really love positive affirmation work.

Two of my favourites are:

I am LOVE 

I am JOY

❤️

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear TryAgain~

Thank you (and Petal)  for those phrases. It surprising how much difference the right words at the right time can make.

In my own case the most comforting thing I can say to myself is "You have been right here before and have come out the other side, and it has been so much better than now"

Croix

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Aw LOVE THIS THREAD! 

TryAgain,
did you know that I am SO LUCKY to have you in my life? 
Croix and Petal too! 😂

Have you dived (doven?) into Louise L Hay too? 
I smothered myself in her writing decades ago lol. 

I switch out words in affirmations. 
Instead of I will, I say I am
Instead of pain or ill, I use discomfort and unwell.

Atm I'm invoking all sorts, writing affirmative words on paper / cardboard and burning it in my garden every single day, rain hail or shine lol!  
Creating a magical, spiritual garden. 

Putting same words under glasses that hold candles inside my home. 

Invoking COURAGE this weekend.
I am strong.
I've been here before.
I've sooooo got this. 

LOVE EMxxxx

TryAgain
Community Member

Thanks for your replies, all!  EcoMama, yes - I love Louise Hay, all of her books, and many of those in Hay House too!!  She's great, but I take all of these gurus with a grain of salt.  I feel like you have to take what resonates with you and leave the stuff that doesn't (and maybe come back to it at a later time).

EM, I like how you keep your affirmations in the present tense and inclusive of positive terminology.  Makes sense!  And a magical, spiritual garden sounds delightful!  Seems best if you surround yourself with these so you have nearby as a constant reminder.  It's not something you do just once in a while, but a regular practice...

Here are a few more to add to the list:

❤️I am creating a reality filled with joy.

❤️ I am constantly surrounded by love.

❤️I shift my thoughts as soon as they start to become negative.

❤️I am on this planet for a purpose.

Viaxoxo
Community Member

Hi TryAgain, 

I love your quotes - I try saying a few things like that when I feel alone and empty and sad. 

It's not a quote, but you can find so many positive affirmations from it...

I love the song 'you will be found' from Dear Evan Hansen. The lyrics are so true and relatable, and the song always manages to make me feel better.