FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Nature is both beautiful and healing...πŸŒ²πŸŒΈπŸ¦‹

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Everyone....

I love nature and I find it very helpful in helping me in healing way..when I’m not in a good head space...I was wondering if others feel the same and am hoping that you might share your piece of nature, whether it’s a small patch of grass in your back yard..somewhere that you drive to, to just relax, somewhere close to you that you walk amongst...and if you have really taken the time to listen, watch, feel, smell, the wonders all around us..

I love nature..the trees, flowers, creatures both big and small, it’s my solitude place, a place I go to when things are getting to hard for me..

I am lucky, I have this huge gumtree which I found out about recently...
It was planted around 70 years ago by a local here when she was a little girl, and living in the house I’m now living in...About 5 years after she planted it, a strong wind with rain blew it down....A few of the locals saw her trying to stand it up to replant it...and they came to help her...and successfully managed to replant it....Today it’s easily over 60feet tall and just as wide, the trunk of the tree would need 4 people to hug it by joining hands..
The tree stands in front of my place and in front of the paddocks across from me..which the owner has some Angus cows, which love to lay under the tree....Birds are everywhere here, and a few use the tree as their home..

I sit outside for hours sometimes, watching the birds come and go for food and water I have supplied for them in bird feeders and bird baths....It’s a beautiful and peaceful way to relax watching and feeling what Mother Nature has provided for us...
For me it’s both calming and healing...

Do you have a piece of nature around you...and how does it make you feel when you take the time to just look and take in the wonder of it all....

We would love to hear about how nature helps you...and do you find that it can be healing for your soul...

Kind and caring thoughts everyone..

Grandy..

71 Replies 71

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That’s a big effort to see the psych. I’m glad you enjoyed the scenic drive. At least whenever you see them you can make an outing of it as you have and enjoy the day. I know what you mean about no place to pull off for photos. There’s a scenic valley about an hour and a half from here. There are so many beautiful scenes but just one designated spot where you can pull off to take photos. It seems like it was put in especially to stop people from randomly stopping anywhere on the windy roads.

The small park sounds lovely and relaxing. I enjoyed hearing about the magpie following you. I think they are often ones who’ve been fed before and hoping for some food. I like how they kind of hop along. They can be cute, engaging and funny (except when swooping of course!).

Yes, being in that wild ocean energy that you describe from your childhood is amazing. It’s very soothing in its wildness.

Hi Eagle Ray, Shell and all,

Eagle Ray, the magpie that was following me around the park reminded me of a chook. As I was walking, it was walking next to me. It was a lovely drive in the hills region, some of the trees there had beautiful autumn tones. 

Today's walk was in a town close to us. I had to drop the car off for a service so had 2 hours to fill. I wandered along a couple of streets on the outskirts of town and found a vineyard with a very strange name. The vines had lovely autumn tones to them. In a park there was the remnants of what looks like an old orchard, not sure what the trees are, maybe almond and others. 

I sat for a while amongst these trees to see the birds that were in the area. In the distance I could hear a kookaburra.

I wandered in to a few shops I don't usually visit as well and happened to bump into a staff member who used to treat me horribly before she moved to a different area. We had a civil conversation so I was pleased about that.