FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Ideas for activities to lift you when tired or depressed

Elizabeth CP
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

When I'm very tired or stressed whether due to MH issues or just other circumstances I struggle to do anything. The problem with this is that I then have too much time for negative thoughts which feed into my depression & anxiety creating a vicious circle.

I would like to generate a list of things which can be done when short of physical or mental energy which distract me from the negative thoughts and leave me feeling better rather than worse.

I would love it if others can share ideas to help each other. What works in one situation won't work in another

My ideas

Read a book

Suduko

Sort or label photos

Drive to a nice location and focus on pleasant surroundings

phone a friend or relative

have a shower

sit beside a lake or river with feet in the water

33 Replies 33

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That's so beautiful Mark! She's found a loving home. 💛

It's so cute when there's a neighbour's pet around wanting a cuddle Sleepy awww. 💜

Remember there are also rescue chickens too!

There are groups on FB rescues chickens from battery hen farms and rehomes them in their retirement homes.

We've given a few of these precious ladies a happy retirement home in our garden.
They solved the neighbourhood's grub issues in their lawns too! LOL!

So our neighbours got used to them.

Love EM

ypla
Community Member
I've started dancing out of interest recently and it's so far better remediation than walking. The rythmic nature of dancing is so powerful that you put your worries aside and dance.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Em my daughter breeds chickens at her mother's and ones I have are the ones she has bred.My mother in the 1970s use to complain against the battery chickens and they should be free range.

Guest_1055
Community Member
I have to agree with you there ypla. Definitely can relate to that.