FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi there, I only just joined and I'm worried about the Coronavirus.

Harry_Lime
Community Member
Hi everybody.

This is my first time posting on this forum - I only joined BB last Saturday night after a bout of anxiety and depression.

The thing is, I’ve been worrying a lot about the coronavirus that is going on at the moment; every time there is a news item about it its worse than the news item before it. And now that Australia has confirmed person-to-person virus contact it seems we are going the way of China with shut downs and restrictions and the news is full of footage of statistics and even people panic buying. I know it sounds really strange where I am coming from, but its just been on my mind almost 24/7 and I am becoming obsessed with news about it which probably isn’t good. I’m genuinely scared I am going to catch it or worse. Am I the only one out there like this?

I’ve always been on the anxious side of things, a born worrier etc. I just turned fifty last year (yeah, great) and I work from home as a graphic designer. And its only me living here - my partner lives a couple of hours away in the country. I’ve told her what I am going through and she is very low key about the whole coronavirus situation.

I’d really appreciate some ideas, feedback etc.

Thanks guys! 🙂

42 Replies 42

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello KJD, can I also agree with Paul because there is no point your partner yelling at all of you in these circumstances, it doesn't help and definitely won't improve the situation only make it very uncomfortable.

Sometimes we need a reason why we need to break free from the position we're in.

Stay safe.

Geoff.

Aurelia
Community Member
Am reading what you’re all sharing and you are so brave! It’s Easter Sunday and my two beautiful sons aren’t with me (their dad and his partner are amazing). Can’t seem to even shower, let alone buy some milk. I know I need to just get up and do it but have awful brain fog. My hands keep tingling too. Any inspiration would be so much appreciated. Take care everyone

Farfalla17
Community Member
Hello Harry thank you for your original post and thanks to everyone else for your replies. This is also my first time on these forums and my motivation is also corona-related anxiety. I have been managing my anxiety for years but this situation has created a new level of mental distress for me, worrying constantly about it/catching it/my kids/my extended family. It was incredibly helpful and comforting to read everyone's posts and know that I am not alone. I haven't figured a way through this yet, but knowing I am not alone makes me feel less overwhelmed somehow, sharing these worries with everyone. And thanks for the tips about no news. Take care everyone.