FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Emotionally distanced by husband

Mel-
Community Member
I am a 33 year old mum. I am feeling that my husband is not in to me. I’m a introvert person but my husband is quite opposite. I need to stay in the relationship for my 2 kids. But so painful to realise partner don’t have any emotional and physical attraction
2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

My 1st marriage lasted 11 years, 2 kids. If I take away the narcissistic side to her I'd be left with an introverted wife. I'm extroverted.

Although you are introverted you still have 50% responsibility towards the team work required to make your marriage work forever, meaning your 50% shouldnt stop. Being proactive is really important and from my own experience (if you are similar to me ex) an introverted partner can leave tasks that they should do, towards their partner. Usually social plans, holidays and even romantic suggestions being left to the extroverted partner is simply not good and will leave your partner to feel he is doing all the work.

For you to "change" to be less of an introverted is asking too much. But there is effort and when effort is made, he might respond with appreciation. Such effort could include getting the kids minded while you both have a candlelight dinner, a trip to the beach or a movie then pancakes. Whatever you plan it will be seen as trying.

The only other thing that comes to mind is admiration. Do you tell him he's handsome? Do you muck around in fun.? Do you share hobbies or interests?

I'll leave it at this point but at least, unlike my 1st wife, you are showing courage by asking here what can you do. That's a start. Well done.

TonyWK

Learn to Fly
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Mel,

A warm welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing.
It’s never easy nor pleasant to get those realisation that the relationship is starting to lack the attraction whether emotional or physical. You mentioned your husband. How about your feelings towards him? How would you feel about initiating some contact? Having kids can be so testing for any relationship. Sometimes it’s good to start from scratch. Literally from scratch. Going out on a date, setting up an evening just for the two of you to sit and talk about what’s happening in your lives. My hubby and I got his rule, though, that during those times the only subject that is not allowed is talking about kids. And this sometimes proves so difficult as our lives are so full of kids stuff!
Anyway, they are only suggestions. Hope you will find something useful in your situation.