FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Easy peasy recipes - please share yours.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello BBers

Please share an easy recipe you love. If you have a story of where your recipe(s) came from, chat away. Feel free to write your recipe in any format you like! I can't wait to try Mara's specialty Rocky Road..... like yesterday.

Here's mine. A perfect 'day off' meal and absolutely wonderful for Winter. You can prep in the morning and put it together at lunchtime for dinner. I made up the recipe after a few dismal failures lol. I have ideas for any leftover cooked stock mixture later...

Beef brisket - the BB easy peasy way.
You'll need:
1 beef brisket that fits into your baking tray with some room.
1L beef stock. 2L if the brisket is BIG.
Worcestershire sauce.
2 onions sliced anyway you like.
Mushrooms sliced thickly - as many as you like.
Oil - any type.
Salt.
Pepper.
A baking tray... the best tasting one I've made was cooked in a cast iron, enameled baking tray but any will do.
Aluminium foil to cover the baking tray.
A frying pan / skillet.
Utensils for pan and tray.
Oven gloves.
Oven & stove top.

To cook:
Pour cold stock & 2 tblsp W sauce into baking tray.
Saute onions in oil in pan & add to baking tray.
Brown mushies as above & add to baking tray.
Sprinkle salt / pepper over brisket.
Brown both sides of brisket in pan then add to baking tray.
Cover whole tray with foil & scrunch under edges.
Spoon stock mixture over brisket to coat.
NB: The stock mixture needs to come up to around half way on side of brisket. Add more stock if needed.
Slow cook in warm oven c110C for about 2h.
Check.
Turn brisket.
Repeat.
Taste to see if more W sauce is needed.
Rest meat for 15 mins.
Slice and serve.

Note: IF you want a pulled beef effect then you can cook longer until beef is falling apart. Add to sliders, Turkish bread.

If this isn't easy for you, sorry! I have a great Boscaiola coming up later that is super easy, promise.

EM

151 Replies 151

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I made some lemon butter today out of my home grown bush lemons.I will put the recipe on later for it.It was yummy.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Here' my Lemon Butter recipe.

Ingredients.

5 lemons juiced and Zest

5 eggs

150g caster sugar

60g butter soften and diced

In a bowl combine eggs,sugar and lemon juice.Place bowl on saucepan wth water simmering in it.(make sure bowl does not touch water as it will crack the bowl)Whisk ingredients thicken about 10 mins.

Rrmove bowl from saucepan.Add butter and whisk until butter has melted.Add lemon zest and mix in.

Put in jars and store in fridge.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

WOW, sounds like a great recipe Matchy69! I LOVE Lemon butter.

We discovered a Bush Lemon growing in our garden during our archaeological dig I'm calling it lol. Removing huge swathes of lantana. THERE It was! A bush lemon growing from the graft of my kaffir lime tree lol. I told the gardener to leave them both growing. I have always wanted a lemon tree and now magically I have one lol.

So lemons - check.
Eggs - happy chook eggs from our girls, check.

Gotta get the rest and make this.

Matchy, do you think this would go okay with limes for a lime butter? I'm not using kaffir limes - no juice. But we have a Tahitian lime with ripe limes on it right now. I think maybe the limes could be too strong of a flavor, but lemons are too and lemon butter is yummy.

What do you think?

EM

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Em yes you can make a lime butter.Not sure if the recipe would be exactly the same but you can try it thats what i usually do.I think lime would be nice.

EMI just found this thread.

Do you know when the 4 ingredient books were popular. .? Well I thought they were too hard and I needed one ingredient cook book.

thanks.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Matchy69 said:Hi Em yes you can make a lime butter.Not sure if the recipe would be exactly the same but you can try it thats what i usually do.I think lime would be nice.

Hi Matchy, I think it might be nice too.... will let you know results if we test that theory lol. I really love Rose's Lime Marmalade.

We got some juicy lemons from our Church Food Pantry yesterday so now we may have enough to try the lemon butter.... if only the neighbor's Meyer lemon tree hung over our fence like it used to 😞

Are you gonna help me out with this recalcitrant new member to our thread? lololol.

Maybe we could push for a 2 ingredient recipe streak?

I'm THINKING! Made one the other night.... coming up.

EM

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Em yes love to help you this is great thread.Cookings good therapy.I will put more recipes up as well.Well done Em on this thread.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
quirkywords said:

EMI just found this thread.

Do you know when the 4 ingredient books were popular. .? Well I thought they were too hard and I needed one ingredient cook book.

thanks.

Lololol but I don't know whether to laugh or cry hahaha.

Maybe because I have PTSD that I think everything is a challenge to gear up for lol.

Okay so 4 is too much - can we barter for 3 or 2 ingredients? and perhaps if water is not counted?

If water is out then the BB pumpkin soup above just has pumpkin and oil. 2 ingredients.

I think the piece de resistance could be my next one.....

EM

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Making own pasta or pizza base makes for good therapy

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

smallwolf said:Making own pasta or pizza base makes for good therapy

SO GOOD smallwolf, yessirreee.

Add kneading bread, so fun watching it rise then punching it down and watching it rise again (don't like the yeasty smell lol) and then rolling, rolling, rolling it. Love that.

EM