FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depression and Suicide

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
II have been a depression sufferer since I was 17. It worsened after the birth of my son. 3 years ago I attempted suicide but fractured my pelvis, heel bone, hip bone, . I survived am still walking after surgery . I recently have come off my medication and put back my life together very slowly. It was the worst thing that happened to me in my life. Feelings of shame and guilt are the biggest emotions to deal with and the fact that everyone found out what happened. I was a very quiet shy reserved person who was too proud to ask for help when everything was troubling me I made out that I was fine. It has taken me 3 years to talk about this on these forums. I exercise regularly eat healthy and keep active with good friends who have stuck by me and family, meditate ect. I have started a small candle business with my friend and will fundraise these for beyond blue. Depression in my eyes is the cruelest, sad lonely hidden disease and thank goodness for beyond blue help people speak more openly about it. I have amazingly been able to help a few of my friends or people around me who have had depression and recently have helped a friend of a friend who is a mother that harmed herself. I look at it this way depression has taught me to be a more stronger posative person if I survived and came out at the end I know now I can accomplish anything. God gave me 1 life and a second chance I will prove to myself that I can accomplish anything now.
1 Reply 1

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
This is my second posting. Just letting you all know I am finding it really theraputic to replying back to some of your personal posts. I hope I can help anyone on this forum that has the disturbing thoughts ect. I have suffered with depression for 22 years so I can totally relate to a lot of these stories. I havnt received any reply's back from my story so I hope I dont frighten anyone because of my suicide experience. I can totally assure you I have recovered fully from it and yes it is very difficult and horrible to speak about but I think if we can just open up more about it we can lessen youth suicide adult suicide ect.