FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Covid-19's Impact on YOUR well being....Help us help others!

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone

This is a difficult and unprecedented time we are all going through. Out of 10 how has Covid-19 impacted your well being?

Just for myself...I come in at about 8....A brief post will help us help others more effectively!

• 0 to 5 .......... Low impact...................Coping well and not really worried about Covid-19
  • 5 to 7 ...........Medium Impact.............Concerned about Covid-19 yet is doesnt effect me
  • 8 ................. Frequent Impact........... Very concerned and checking media/news reports
  • 9 ................. High Impact..................Frequently concerned and experience some difficulty functioning daily
  • 10................Very High Impact...........Difficulty sleeping...increased anxiety...loss of concentration and/or feelings of helplessness

The forums are a rock solid safe and non judgemental place for anyone to post 🙂

my kind thoughts always

Paul

253 Replies 253

Hi Everyone! New posters are always welcome to post too 🙂

Hey fred4761.....thankyou for helping out on this thread as well as you have....I wrote this thread topic before the new lockdowns came in. Im in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs and under lockdown too.

Your mentioned "I hate that I have become that person who is so scared of other people and their potential germs" Please dont be so hard on yourself....I see a wonderful dad caring for his children and his older inlaws and kudos to you Fred4761...You are an amazing individual...

I am sure we have spoken before fred...I am also feeling the same as yourself...8-9....You are not alone..Paul

Hi Everyone

Hey Moon! Thankyou for being a part of the discussion...Your post is just as valid as mine or anyone else's

you are no different to anyone else where Covid-19 is concerned. I always appreciate you speaking from the heart and being a 10 would be super common as we have never been in this situation before

I hear you loud and clear Moon...I dont like to be 'told' either. Im in Vic and have had the same lecture too!

Im just a member..like yourself and understand your take on this crap virus. The politicians have never been through this before either...Just for me I am happy to sacrifice my civil liberties for the long term health benefits.

Hello Elizabeth, here are other formats you can use to be able to see and talk with someone, I use DUO which works very well, I can see and talk with my little granddaughters. Best wishes.

Geoff.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Mark (Matchy69), I too, am deeply sorry about your dad passing away so young, unfortunately, no one can predict when such a tragedy could happen and when it does, we have no answers.

I also despair about those who have lost their home in a bushfire they wished would have never happened, however, a home can be rebuilt but a life lost to COVID-19 can never be had again, which is the devastation, especially in Victoria we are again facing.

Take care everyone.

Geoff.

Elizabeth CP
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Sorry Geoff, but your comment re bushfires is very triggering for me & I imagine many others in similar situations. While you are correct in that the buildings lost in a fire can be rebuilt but the affect on a person's lives is far greater. I was caught in a bushfire which destroyed our home in 1965. I was a child at the time. I am still struggling with PTSD due to that event. The loss of your way of life, loss of friends ongoing fear etc etc makes bushfires far more damaging than just the economic cost.

Covid likewise is more than just whether you live or die from the disease. Groups my husband normally attend have been stopped because of the risks as many of the clients are vulnerable. This happened apart from any government requirement. This has had a negative impact impact on him.

I have tried using online platforms to speak to family but found my grandsons unwilling to engage.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Geoff

This year there has been many traumatic events happened to Australia.

I was not saying one is worse than another. People's lives can be affected by a traumatic event and never been the same.

Loss of life is a terrible tragedy.

I have been very supportive on a few covid threads.

Paul , back on topic , covid maybe a 3,

Elizabeth I agree with your comments.

Hi Paul..me again. Can I just ask one question? You wrote you are "happy to sacrifice your civil liberties for the long-term health benefits"...for how long would you willingly sacrifice them?

For me my civil liberties have been removed by the pandemic rather than the government. My husband can't attend the group activities he normally attends but can't while the pandemic isn't controlled here because the most clients are vulnerable to the virus. This isn't the government's request but decision of the provider. Similarly if things here in Victoria get worse he will not be able to get the surgery he needs because his doctor will decide it is too risky. The surgery was put off early in the pandemic & then discussed again as the pandemic was controlled. The impact of this pandemic is far greater than the risk of dying. I just wish people would accept this & do the right thing so it can be controlled in Australia so we can get back to a more normal life. Most people are negatively impacted by the situation whether financially, health wise, socially (not being able to see family or friends is very damaging) or mentally. I think your situation Moon being cut off from you family at this time is terrible & I wonder if you have tried asking for special permission to have family visit when you need them.

s

Hello Elizabeth CP, my sincere apologies and certainly in no way was my comment aimed at those who have been affected in any way either by the bushfires, COVID-19 or by the floods, it was a comment in reply back to someone and from what they said.

I have some of my family, including my two little granddaughters who are living on the edge of the postcodes that have been in lockdown, which is definitely a great concern, not only for them but also for me.

It's an enormous worry.

Ash Wednesday back 1982/3 was horrific when my wife and two sons were locked in a holiday hub and if we didn't leave, then there was nowhere to go, except for the ocean, and if my region has been lockdown down then surgery for me will once again be cancelled.

Please accept my utmost apologies.

Take care.

Geoff.

Hi Elizabeth...no that's not my question at all...I know I can be with my family again...I was wondering how long people could bear their freedoms of choice taken away...if the virus is not eradicated completely for...say...years?? It could take a long long time to find a vaccine..if that is the only way to do it..can we honestly continue in this state of fear for years? Are some quite willing to do so?