FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Yeah , it's been crazy crazy mind blowing times alright.

Pretty discouraged seeing Melbourne numbers up so high today , think they said this is the 6th lock down and they've spent 201 days in lock down. No wonder everyone is feeling this so badly these days. l have it very easy up where l am compared , most of my lifes hardly changed , but it still has too though , hugely nonetheless . l still can't complain though as compared and yet even for me l'm just that damn sick of it all.

The news , the way we're handling it here , hearing other countries living again , the way we've treated our own people court os and that shame , all of it. Last yr l've thought we're lucky to be where we are but , here we are , 100k behind the 8 ball now after all this time though , and l've just gotta wonder. And l wonder about the cost to lives save too, bc l have a business and know damn well not many small business could be still holding on with 6 damn lockdowns. So what about them and their families, and what about all the people trying to survive lock downs and MH and their outlook . Might've save lives but l don't know about that , gonna need 4 or 10 yrs after this to just see what was really saved and what wasn't at this stage now unfortunately.

rx

cheers lunastone!

rx ur right in melbourne the vibe is "again!?"

thnk u for caring about us.

It is nice to hear tht even ppl who aren't as restriced such as yourself can have empathy

i feel a bit tense because my friend and i have had disagreements about lockdown stuff.... we both keep the rules etc but have a diff view about what is happening now with the increasing cases... and it has kinda been awkward, its hrd when u dont see eye to eye

sometimes i just wanna be heard and relate to each other, so i guess thats not something i can do with her

Ahh sleepy , no worries at all my heart breaks for poor old Melbourne and it's people at this stage - l was one of myself for 30yrs and my family still are.

And especially for those of us not on a good footing to begin with or MH issues and a million other things. lf l'm feeling it and worn out with it all l could only imagine what you guys are feeling.

lt's hard to know if they're still doing the right thing still with the damn lock downs l reckon 6 must be a world record though.

Take care and l'm sorry about the friends. l know who's like minded and who isn't in any subject so l usually just let it go myself bc we're never gonna agree on everything.

rx

Ezzi
Community Member

Hello. I hope you're all well during these difficult times. I'm longer going to make any further comments on this thread though it's an excellent thread. Thank you reading and replying my posts and I do respect each and everyone with their veiwpoints. Take care and nice meeting you. Regards ezzi

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
i'm sorry ezzi, did anything upset you? please post anytime on threads that speak to you .

Ezzi
Community Member

Thank you Sleepy21 for being a beautiful caring soul whose struggling so much yourself. I do feel your pain when I've read your posts on other threads.. keep up with your wonderful contributions on the forums. It will help others and especially yourself. Even if it's only a tiny bit, you'll always feel good helping someone in someway. No, nothing has upset me on this thread. Take care. Ezzi

Guest_1584
Community Member

Would you believe , India , yep , is reopening as we speak. How can that be.

They've also reopened schools and the Taj Mahal , which normally gets 70,000 visitors a day.

rx

Apologize, the India report had a tiny date way up the top that made it 10 mths old. Pretty amazing though been reading around on worldwide reopening getting an idea of what other countries are doing.

Some like Greece only have a 7day quarantine if your not vaccinated , if you are, nothing. Others are just using a vax id thing or passport , some if you've had a negative test in the last 7days then just comon in . Most of Europe seems pretty well open but some ask for a vax passport or else some quarantine, or a test and no quarantine.

Talk bout lenient compared to what we're use to. Admittedly l suppose a lot of those countries are 7o or 80% Vaxed . Hong Kong , 21 days quarantine, ouch. But anyone that have been to other high risk countries in 21 days prior aren't allowed in . They've also banned the UK altogether atm.

ltaly have a green pass, for entering restaurants museums theaters theme parks. Anyone over 12 must show proof of at least one jab.

And on and on it goes . Very interesting though .

rx

hi rx , after a few days of bad vibes with the friend, she texted today really sensitively about how she is struggling with it all and i felt that because i've calmed down i was able to answer more rationally, and we came to a nice "peace"

i felt scared of losing a friend over this stuff!!! i'm learning that if i don't get too upset we can agree to disagree

hi sleepy .

That's really nice to hear good on you nice going. lt can be so upsetting when things go a bit wrong with friends can't it.

Not getting too upset is a huge thing yeah for sure. l know this from a lot of personal experience which l've worked on myself too for a long time . Good luck with it, it really really pays off. Take care

rx