FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I woke up panicky this morning, and it seems to be sticking with me. I can't concentrate on my uni work, and I did go out and do some panic shopping, although the shelves are still half empty and I've no idea what I even purchased to be honest. I have a psych appointment tomorrow and I'm glad that seems to be going ahead.

After reading this thread, I wish I had an old playstation! I'd like to lose myself in some Sonic the Hedgehog right now...

yeah for sure, a play station would help take a lot of people away from it all.

l've felt sick all day . l went out this morng over to another town for more groceries and parts for work this week , gone fw hrs. At first it was so nice being out and about and that town was bustling , hwy was packed , it was nice . But l noticed but about 1 heading home the town was down to about 20% of a few hrs ago and l pretty well had the hwy to myself,

luckily l've gotta work pretty hard and get a job finished this wk and getting stuck into it when l got back did help a little . l'll have a very busy week which this one at least , maybe a good thing .

BipolarMum83
Community Member

I am totally petrified. Living with bipolar, anxiety and complex-PTSD.

I am mentally and emotionally exhausted. I now have 3 kids at home and have to deal with all of that.

Im in a new relationship and I’m trying to balance that without my new partner thinking I’m totally crazy.

I honestly don’t know how to cope. I know the platitudes of day by day, this too shall pass but I don’t really believe it. I was in the psych hospital last September and I worry this will push me back in again.

I kinda wish I could just wake up from this terrible nightmare and have this all be a horrible dream.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I feel a little nervous after watching the new updates. I keep reminding myself the whole world is in this together.

Andre_P
Community Member

I’ll keep it simple.

Hi everyone. Hope everyone’s doing ok.

Try not to succumb to the fear and panic. Just take 1 day at a time (easier said than done though). Do not focus on what is out of your control. This is why I’m over the media, regardless of the relativity or accuracy of the news. It’s negative. Yes be informed but don’t be bombarded. Use common sense and stay safe.

Keep your mind busy in these times but don’t stress yourself out either. Take one day at a time. 👊👊

SquireHarbour
Community Member
Hi all.

This whole crisis has topped me over the edge. I can barely live anymore. The new rules has destroyed all the life that I have given, broken everything that has given me to do. Young people like me are already being blamed by the government.

I can't do what they are telling me to. I will be labeled a enabler of death. I will somehow be responsible for the blood of hundreds of people for just existing. I can't sleep, I can't eat... every day I feel like the eyes are on us to be blamed for spreading this virus. Its all our fault.

They ruined my life. The social distancing requirements is a joke.

The government has basically assigned me a living, breathing permanent death. And I feel I can't go on anymore.

Dear SquireHarbour,
Thank you for being part of the beyondblue community forums.
We can hear that this is a very difficult time for you, we would like to support you through this time.
Please call us on - Beyond Blue, 13002204636
                               Suicide Call back service, 1300 659 467
or please call 000, if you need immediate assistance.

Hi SquireHarbour,

Sorry to hear that you are finding things really tough. When you live an active lifestyle, it would be hard to have to stop that and isolate yourself according to some very strong rules imposed by federal and state governments.

Don’t feel blamed for this crisis. It isn’t the fault of anyone but a collective community effort is required to defeat the virus. We are all in this together. The young, the middle aged and the old. We do it for each other to help one another survive these tough times.

One for all and all for one! We share the responsibility of slowing the spread but we don’t point the finger and blame a specific cause.

Young people can be leaders too. This is your time to shine. Tough and challenging times but let’s find whatever positives and opportunities we can to improve our society during these difficult days.

Take care mate.

Hi, if people need some distraction, there are some cute pics and videos to watch - it's #National Puppy Day on twitter! Enjoy!

Bipolar mum ,

Welcome to the forum and this thread and well done for making your first post.

You have so much to deal with no wonder you are exhausted and petrified.

I have bipolar .

I can relate to wishing the first months of the year were a nightmare and each morning I used to hope I would wake up in my own bed in my home but the reality was my home was destroyed in the fires.

You have children to deal with and a new relationship. Is there someone you can talk to , a GP, a support worker.

have lived with bipolar for many years and I too worry the fires and now the virus may affect me.

I read a meme on FB about controlling want you can and realising what you can't control.

I feel your pain and your worry. You can love you partner and your children, you have control over than. You can make sure you are looking after yourself both mentally and physically.

I know you are exhausted I am exhausted many days as I felt the worst thing was the fires but now I have self isolation and social distancing to cope with.

Is there anything you can do at home that you like doing, reading, writing, craft, music, movies singing.

There is a thread this bipolar life if you want to drop by and say hello as we are a friendly lot.

Quirky