FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi All,

I work with vulnerable people. The rules seem to have changed so often I become confused.

People don't want to adhere to the rules, I understand that, just think of the staff member who still needs to implement Government regulations.

We don't make the rules we have to uphold them.

Some days the abuse is just ridiculous and soul destroying.

I want COVID to be over with as much as the next person.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Doolhof,

It angers me to know you are the scapegoat for other's frustrations. You are not to blame for the rules. As you say, you didn't make them. & the confusion is out there, so much inconsistency.

I'm still doing what I can given I can't wear a mask. It's hard, trying to keep a distance, especially. I am still home so many of my days, with so much to cause me anxiety whenever I try to go out alone, I very often, choose not to go.

But sometimes, I do have to go out with my helper. I even have to remind her.

& I don't want another flu either! I asked my GP, what else do I do, besides staying more isolated? (The only 100% option is to not be near anyone - & never mind what that does for my mental health, eh?)

All I can say, their upset & anger isn't really aimed at you, personally; it's their confusion, & the changes, & not knowing which way they are supposed to jump today. They are tired of this, too, & unfair as it is, you are there,

I suspect to require them to go & calm down so you can better help them would be very difficult. But, you can't help them while they behave like that. Can you tell them, it's no good treating you like that? I'm sorry, I don't know.

It seems like there is a low level of respect for you, which I find quite disheartening.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ for the work you do. I'm proud of you.

Warmly,

mmMekitty

Hi mmMekitty,

Thanks for your kind words. Some days it is really hard going to work knowing you are going to be busy and not knowing how verbally aggressive some people may be.

I will say I have had some comical moments as well thanks to Covid. I assist people with RAT kits. Some people have very imaginative ways of using the kits!

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Tested positive to covid this afternoon.The nose bleeds are the worst.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, Matchy, commiserations about getting COVID-19.

I wouldn't have thought nose bleeds would be related directly to COVID-19 - have never heard a mention during the last two & a half year. I did just see it could be because the nose is irritated, & sensitive, & that could be why you have nose bleeds.

Have you spoken to your GP? I'm guessing, if it is minor & you can deal with them, then that' is what GP would suggest. On the other hand, I do know, if a nose bleed cannot be stopped, it's time to call an ambulance & go to hospital. If it's hard to stop, GP might have other ideas. Do call your GP, Matchy.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Matchy, mind if I check in? How are you today?

Warmly,

❤️❤️❤️

mmMekitty

Matchy 

I know it was a few months ago you had covid. How after you felt since you recovered, I got covid 6 days a week and feel so tired and dizzy, and confused. 

I am interested in how others found live post covid. 

Hi quirky it did take ages to recover and I don't think I have completely recovered fully.The sypmtons seem to just linger on.I seem to be back to how I was mostly before.My daughter who was pregnant at the time got it as well.She gave birth yesterday and they are birth fine and dosnt seemed to have effected the baby.I did notice my ears were really sore when I had it and still sometimes notice sore ears and I did lose taste and still don't have that back 100%.Talking to other people about it seems to be different for everyone.The nose bleeds I had stopped which my doctor thinks was due to covid.

I hope you feel better quirky,thinking of you.

Sophie_M

Here at Beyond Blue we acknowledge that coronavirus is still prevalent and affecting many people within our community, we would like to notify forum users that this thread will now be closed so no further posting can take place.  

Beyond Blue will close the Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service (CMWSS) on 29th November 2022. But please don’t worry, we are still here for you 24/7 via the Beyond Blue Support Service both on the phone and online via webchat. A big thank you to everyone who took part in this thread, you never know who could read this and find comfort or support!