FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, I think we’re all going to have to rely on our supports and coping strategies a little bit more to get through.

We don’t even have covid here and already the shops are bare. It depressed me and I’ve gone back to bed.

I’m very grateful to this space, and the lovely people herein for the empathy and kindness regularly demonstrated. It’s such a valuable community space.

Thanks from me to all. As Matchy said - let’s get through together with love and kindness.

Guest_1584
Community Member

The hardest part in it all is it effecting my daughter. l just hate it breaks my heart that she should be having to go through depression but also in fear of bloody Covid too. And there is nothing you can say now they've been drilling us all over media so long that they've finally succeeded, so sad.

l can't stand having to stop on the street for somebody l might know , which isn't very many but it still happens, so l don't mind this new silly world in that way it's fine with me.l feel a bit jumpy at the post office though bc it's fairly small inside and there's always other people waiting around you, and in the supe too. l normally go to one 20k away it's much bigger with wide isles. But today l nicked into our local for something and l was so edgy that l knocked a $90 dollar bottle of scotch over coming out of the bottle shop section. Thanked the Gods it didn't break, small mercies, don't know if l'd have had to pay for it but that would've really, really, hurt if l did.

Every supe l go to round here is fully stocked, at least that's something. No surprises there though they have a real knack around here of getting their hands on anything they need.

rx

Hi Everyone...

Hey Mark....you are and always have been an asset to Beyond Blue...Im sorry to read about your brother....

you are a caring person...and yes...there is unwarranted criticism of people that choose not to have the vaccine

My 55yo sister is a part time yet main carer for our frail unvaccinated 91 year old mum ( at mums home)

My sister is a strict anti vaxxer and has been cancelling any vaccination appointment I make for mum with the our medical clinic as she has power of attorney

My mum is 91...frail and is still unvaccinated

I hope my mum doesnt get Omicron/Delta as a result of the selfishness of an anti vaxxer

Hi Sleepy, Moon, Shelley (and all),

Thanks for your replies and 'hearing me'. Sorry to read of your struggles thru this time Sleepy, u have had it tough in Vic. I agree censorship is scary, it is control and a form of bullying. Ppl should be allowed differing view points and concerns and to respectfully voice these. Sadly, it doesn't happen much. Ppl are silenced and shutdown. even here. We need to be kind to all ppl and use respectful dialogue and let it all be put forward. Regardless if we agree or not. Censorship to me is small mindedness. Shows a lack of intelligence and understanding. At least we have this forum.

Thanks again for All your kind and understanding posts Shell. I hear u too, and see that u are showing compassion for all.. as you always do with your words.

Nice to see u too Moon. I know u have been struggling too throughout all this time. I like to read your posts always - even though u are struggling, u make a lot of sense. Commonsense and considering all aspects. You are a critical thinker and help to show me this. I miss our chats and pals Luna and Tangney etc. I hope they are coping okay. I learnt a lot from u all and felt less alone in my thoughts and stress.

I hope everyone manages okay with their covid issues and finds ways to lower the stress a bit. Me too.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

I struggle today to voice my feelings....got yelled at today about distancing when I innocently came up to pay for an item. I was meant to be seated and wait to be called

I am trying.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

HI Doog and All,

Thanks for your kind comments. Hope you are doing okay.

I guess it is a matter of trying to find perspective, awareness and remain connected. I will try to contact some friends and see what we can arrange regarding catching up.

Some people just aren't even responding to my text messages or emails. Guess some people are really struggling, or maybe they are just getting on with their lives and are busy.

I know I have a lot to be thankful for, a little more connection with others would be nice!

Cheers to you all.

Guest_1584
Community Member

Been wondering what ever happened to the quarantine place states were gonna build well, Vic is nearly finished l see on the news, bit late butttt.

The buildings look very comfy but the property itself looks like a prison , l think it had razor wire and all, typical and it looked like it was out in the middle of nowhere. Not that you'd want it well l suppose , in suburbs , but would it even matter now. l wonder if they've built them in other countries and what they're like if they have. Don't think l've heard of any l have heard a few other simple things like they have to stay in for 3days after arrival or show a negative test and a few things like that.

rx

ps , just for anyone in Sydney , how are things there are people out and about or very quiet , what's it like? Had a trip planned earlier l was only going to wiz in pick up gf and wiz out again to one of the regional areas for a few days but with the way things are , we can't even tell if there would actually be somewhere any better to even go .

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi randomx Qld has finished one near Toowoomba airport and is ready for business but not sure who will use as no one has to go into quaritine now.

Hi Match , yeah right

But does it look like a prison complete with bloody razor wire? The Vic ones ridiculous so over kill , big bared gates, talk about welcoming. No better than the way they treat the poor boat people or murderers for that matter.

And yeah , thought the same, not even sure if anyone's suppose to even quarantine here anymore either.

rx

Hi Everyone....I hope everyone is doing reasonably ok with this pandemic..Yes its awful yet we havent had a pandemic since 1918

Hey Mark.....Im sorry to read about your brothers' reaction to the vaccine....I hope he is doing better...and yes...there is unwarranted criticism of people that choose not to have the vaccine

My 55yo sister is a part time yet main carer for our frail unvaccinated 91 year old mum (at mums home)
My sister is a strict anti vaxxer and has been cancelling any vaccination appointments I make for mum with the our medical clinic as she has power of attorney

My mum is 91...frail and is still unvaccinated

I hope my 91 year old mum doesnt get Omicron/Delta as a result of the selfishness of one anti vaxxer

my kindest always

Paul