FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

I completely agree Moonshine. They stand there saying the same bloody thing every day at 11 am to the point there are now jokes about the repetitive nature of it.

The other day I saw the stats for tests, cases, vaccinations etc. Testing numbers were 3x that of vaccinations. It’s madness. Instead of getting a swab up your nose how about a needle in your arm?

My vaccination took all of 20 minutes, including the 15 minute wait at the end yet people spend hours in their car lining up for a test.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Wow first time I've seen Nov mentioned but I won't engage in speculation.
My MH doesn't have the capacity to "gamble" lol.

Day by day & minute to minute during my work days. News is off.

My Year 12 son is enrolled in a school a LONG way down South (but has been living at home most of lock down thank God)... received a Survey tonight for Year 12 students to VOTE about whether to hold the HSC Exams (which he is FOR for statistical reasons) or whether to ditch them all together and use marks all ready from previous assessments - which sucks for rational reasons. OUT goes any rational thinking. Who cares about them?
I DO.

There ARE ways to hold exams - safely.

And my others in Year 12 don't quite have as much invested in the HSC as South son or p.son as I call him.
And another child in Year 11 who's like a pig in mud learning from home - far higher marks now and FAR better "attendance" because she never has to attend lol! She hates school but is very studious.

My work is nuts since LD.

My deepest anxiety is around homelessness rising, businesses going bust, people starving.
I work in the Community with families and it's extremely stressful NOT being able to help them. Much.

I called 2 helplines around 4am this morning. One said "this is not really the line for you" so I called the one she gave me. After explaining my anxiety - they hung up. No real response! No goodbye. Nothing.

If I was a person in a worse state than I am, HOPING for help then raking up the courage TO call a "help" line, only to feel worse BECAUSE I phoned a helpline. WOAH THOSE ARE ISSUES.

Issues that don't seem to be resolved with "help" lines. Help my foot. It's disgraceful.

I'm safe.
I'm fine.
PLENTY AREN'T.

So if I can't get earthly support to support around 6000 ppl, ummm wow.
It's God all the way!

Love EM

Guest_1584
Community Member

Well , hoping we soon start seeing some downward trend for you guys in the next wk or so, we see l guess hey.

Yep all these pollies are loving their pedestals they're all up there everyday for and hour just for one bloody case crapping on , it's ridiculous. With exception of NS.

l hear some report the other day , people we lined up 7hrs for testing , is that right , holy moly . lf they didn't have it already they'd get it in the lines with their windows down. A 20min shot in the arm sounds like a much better idea know what l'd be doing.

rx

l heard today they've got the army patrolling Sydney hots spots , are they for real , what in th ????

The army , like police don't already out number citizens in Aus wth would the bring the army in too, my God what an embarrassment.

Sorry guys you must feel like your in a war zone or something how ridiculous.

rx

Gees , at least we can say China's worse with over reacting

They've just tested 10 million people , 3 times , yep , 3 times, because of an out break of 75 cases. They do say it may have spread to 20 other cities though. They also talk of 3 cases here 5 there , l thought Australia was the only one making such a fuss over such low numbers. They've closed borders and international travel plus locked down 100s of 1000s of residents and millions in other cities related . lt is hard to piece all that together though as it's such a huge country and population but it certainly doesn't sound like many cases given it's size or say compared with say the UK or others fully open yet still with 25 to 40k cases per day depending.

But get this, they've vaxed 1.5 billion doses.

rx

Hey RX

The ADF are only assisting the police in NSW as there are some issues with non compliance where lockdown protocols are concerned

kindest....Paul

Hi Paul , nice to see you mate.

But yeah , l realize that but it's so overkill. Saw clips l'm not kidding of cops and army walking up and down just very very quiet suburban streets and malls not a soul in site in any direction anywhere,in groups of 4 and 6 , l mean what the? What do they think they're gonna come across where they're gonna need groups of 4 or 6 of both and what a waste of resources and money. If they think they must patrol in such a necrotic manner then cruising them in patrol cars would more than suffice surely to God , covering whole suburbs 3x a day if they must insist, not just a few streets. And at about 20% of the cost and labour.

rx

pl515p1
Community Member
Telehealth is so difficult, when technical issues interfere sometimes we miss important words, I miss the connection I have built with my counsellor, I don't feel that same sense of growth of uplifted after telehealth sessions sadly.

Tozzy
Community Member

Hi everyone

covid really adds a huge amount of pressure to life. I feel really trapped and it makes me feel nauseous all the time. I know I am very fortunate and others have it much harder, much harder than me but it still is really difficult to be positive. I live on my own and just wish I could get a hug from someone. I am even looking forward to my second Astra shot today as there will be a moment that I get some physical contact. Sometimes extreme stress highlights other things about myself that I really hate and feel ashamed of.

Hi Tozzy, 

We agree, it's a really difficult time, especially when you're living alone. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming. We’re grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning, we hope you find some comfort and understanding on the forums.

We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our counsellors on 1300 22 4636 (or you can use our webchat or email), or our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. Alternatively, there's always our friends at Lifeline 13 11 14, or the Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467.  

We don't want you to feel alone. Our lines are here, and so are the lovely people on threads like this, who will really appreciate your openness in sharing. Do feel free to share more with us here on how you're feeling and what might help, if you feel up to it. 

Kind regards, 

Sophie M