FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

First post romantically confused

Dangerous_D
Community Member
Hi all just a little/ lot confused what to do, about 5 years ago we lost a child which led to depression both my wife and I (unbenone to me for 4 years) I sort help just getting back on my feet but my wife stopped early, long story short we separated we have 2 kids together but she has 2 to her first husband which one lives with me full time, but my big issue is for a long time even when married I always thought/ looked at the same sex I’ve never acted on anything but I can’t stop looking and thinking I want something to happen but I’m scared as it could affect the kids (Society stigma ect) I feel lost and scared I don’t care what people say about me I worry a lot for the kids they r my world but after seeing a therapist for depression I was told to put myself first but that was for small things these thoughts could affect too many people 😔😔😢
12 Replies 12

Hi Def

Thank you , you pretty much hit the nail on the head with you reply, spot on. And it has been there for a long time but I was able to ignore it, but it really came to light when I started to notice the marriage was failing but yes there was a guy I worked with was gay we started talking more, I new he was in a long term relationship and I was married so no I was not going to do anything I'm not that type of person but it got me thinking more.

Thank you again you guys/girls on hear are really helpful

HI DD. I'm so glad you telling your kids went well. People can tell when something is up. It shows they care by asking how you are. People are becoming more understanding of different sexualities. It is great to see. I am glad because I was nervous about telling people, but I was so happy everyone was accepting. It must feel like a weight has been lifted

That’s some really big leaps you’ve made DD, telling your therapist and people at work. People at work is the scariest for some. They feel it’s linked to their credibility and reputation. Like they’ve been a phoney all this time. When really, it’s the social etiquette that is phoney. I think we’ve all worked with a bunch of frauds or in a culture of conformity to some degree if you’ve been out in the workforce a while.

You say that it’s been there a long time and started surfacing when your marriage started showing cracks. It’s not easy peering into those cracks and coming to terms with what may be causing the split, and the unfulfillment underneath. You also referred to your ex causing some trust issues. I guess that’s where the fantasy ends. The gay world is no different to the straight world. All the problems are the same, thrown in with some unique problems. I feel like I have taken 50 strides backwards in trust issues, just when I didn’t need anymore. I have this feeling of empty hollowness wash over me at the mere thought of placing trust in another women again. I guess this is something you can work through with your therapist. You don’t want to walk through life suspicious of everyone, but you want to keep your wits about you, and know when you’re being lied to and deceived.

I think your mates reaction at work, the one with all the animosity and saying horrible things, is evidence that your family may take it better than you thought and your siblings may already know.

Def