FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Used and tossed aside

themadchatter
Community Member
A couple of years ago I was on Facebook and one of my female cousins had a friend who I'll call TC short for her name. I saw her profile pic and instantly found her to be exceptionally beautiful. At the time she was on again off again with her partner and was pregnant with his child so I never got the opportunity to meet her or take her on a date. I then moved away from Adelaide to Sydney for 18 months. I relocated back to Adelaide on the 3rd of June. Since I have been back I have asked if she would be interested in meeting up and she expressed interest in doing so. About two weeks ago on the 8th of July she rings me up at about between 11pm and 12am drunk and somewhat scared because where she lives there are multiple units and some guys that live in the other units had propositioned her and it freaked her out. She called me because she had no one else to turn to and I wanted to be there for her to show her I care. I spent the night sleeping next to her nothing seedy happened. I've liked this girl and I thought this might be a way to show her who I am not from chatting online. Anyway the next day I go home and get a message saying she just wants to be friends and how she is happier being single and looking after her little boy than to have someone in her life. I say I understand...even though it's not what I want. But I felt she has already made up her mind. Since that happened some of her other support network friends severed their relationship and I was resolved to offering too help her out whenever she needed it..was bending over backward so much just to show her I cared and liked her and wanted to be there for her and her son...his father doesn't want anything to do with him anymore..anyway fast forward to tonight..she posts a pic of herself on facebook cosied up to some other guy despite saying she was happier being single. That hurt a lot. I would have done everything in my power to make her happy and feel cared for and this is what I get..not even a chance at all
24 Replies 24

No ur not messed up at all its called love and it can hurt xx u can't help who u love i guess I am sorry to hear you don't have many people around xx

Why do I even love or have strong feelings for someone I only saw on two occassions and was never more than someone to come to her rescue when she needed it. She only spent time with me to make herself feel better not that she actually wanted to spend time with me. I sleep in bed some nights and just wish I had her next to me as screwed up as that sounds...because while I was content in her company during those two nights she was probably wishing it was someone else instead of me next to her

Bc u can't help who u love xx and love hurts xx u guys may be soulmates if u feel that strongly about her its just not her time in her life to realize that on her end meantime it would do u more harm to sit and wait xx and im sorry u r still struggling with these feelings but u need to let her go for now if feelings r not being recipricated for ur own sanity xx

I don't believe she and I are soul mates. She clearly doesn't see me as anything more than a chump. I'm just a stupid guy who cares to much about her 😞

Not a stupid guy a loving natured guy who yes does care alot and if u open up ur heart to it any girl would be lucky to have a guy like u ur a rare find ☺ the universe will help u find her believe me xx