FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tired, worn out, sick of being expected to do everything and not being respected.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Well not a good day for me. I am so down and out and sick of everything. My 2 older kids went interstate with their dad (my ex husband) last week for a few days as his new GF lives there. My eldest daughter cam home sick, coughing, sneezing etc. She has ben sick for a week and still not better. My little one is now also coughing and sneezy. My ex husband has gone back interstate of course as he is renting an apartment there and goes back and forth every week. It frustrates me that his life just goes on like one big holiday while I am stuck looking after sick kids. He is a selfish liar, doesn't think he should have to do anything. Does not think about anyone but himself and putting on a show to impress people. He works for himself, always used the excuse of work to get out of things but clearly its just another lie as he can work from interstate while he visits his GF without any problem. I am so tired, not much sleep as the girls are coughing at night. My little ones dad does all his things first and I feel worries about us last and i'm so sick of it. I feel they both just expect me to deal with everything, making excuses to get out of any responsibility. I don't ask much of anyone but when I do I always have to be let down. Selfish, selfish, selfish liars. Am I that worthless to everyone? I mean seriously do they really expect me to just do everything? I feel like telling them both to go to hell and packing up and moving. It is so cold today. I cant take much more of everyone being sick and the cold weather.
81 Replies 81

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Haven't seen or heard from little one's dad since that awful xmas day. He did put some money in my account which was a relief and i messaged him to say thank you but that's it. I need to start looking at schools for little miss so i will message him then, even though i don't want to but it is only fair i give him the choice to be involved.

My ex husband is as arrogant as ever. He treats our son like dirt, which really hurts me. He practically lives interstate with his new gf and treats her son like gold, playing tennis etc which he doesn't do with our son. He wishes our son was like her son but shouldn't you accept your children and be there fr them first? My son asked if he could top up his myki for school. He said no and told him to get a part time job and do it himself. It costs him $8 a day, $40 a week which is another burden on me. He is such a pig. He goes to a private school, not close to home and hates it. Meetings, parent teacher interviews etc are too far or me with 3 kids and he does not attend anything at all, he has no interest, never sees his school report, just wants to call the shots and pay the big bucks thinking it will be enough. My son hates the school, always has and this year he has changed campuses,so i am looking at a public school this week, good cirriculum amongst other things. I told my ex he said he wants him to stick it about another year. i told him no. he has strung us along like this for 3 years now. i pointed out that he does not get involved or attend anything and i see no value in the school. he went on about my son trying to get out for the wrong reasons, nlt embracing change and we are setting bad example changing him blah blah blah. its ridiculous, he hates the school, even though his friends are there. changing schools is embracing change more so than changing campuses. he is so ridiculous, all about show and showing off. He leads a rich life style but cries poor. i cant stand him anymore, his head is up his backside and he cant even treat his on son well, too busy trying to impress the gf with her son.

Its so distressing. i feel so sorry for our son, yes he is a teenager with attitude at times but he doesnt deserve this. he is not a monster.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

My older kids are with their dad this weekend. i spoke with my son yesterday and he told me he was sleeping at a friends house and asked if he could come straight home from there rather than go back to his dad's. I didn't know why my plans were for today but said it may be ok. As i was out and near his friends house i picked him up and we came home. I asked what arrangement he had with his dad who is out at the footy today with our daughter. When my son asked permission to sleep at his friends house he suggested he may come straight home to me to which his dad replied ' i don't care what you do' , he has no key to get back into his dad's house. I picked him up around lunch time and asked if he had any contact with his dad ie does his dad know what he is doing , if he is going back to his house or home to me - he said no. No contact.

So, my son, whose father is responsible for him this weekend , was dropped off at a friends house yesterday by his dad, and just left there. His dad would have no idea where he is now as he has not checked in with him to see what he is doing, what his plans are. He has basically just forgotten about him. What would have happened if i was not home today? I'm would be expecting he with his dad's and he isn't. What if his friend had to go out? Where would my son go?

It's extremely frustrating not only that he doesn't care, but that he has no respect for my time otr that of his friend's family as he just left him there. If it were the other way around, he sure as hell would not have his kids on his free weekend if i went out and forgot about them.

I don't understand this behaviour.

My son could be wandering the streets all day today and his dad would no know or care? What is this? Is this normal?