FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Seperating after 20 years of marriage

Trixta
Community Member

Hello,

Havebeen with my wife for 20 years,this year was to be our 17th anniversary, we have 2 beautiful children one 19 and the youngest 15, I work away fifo, 11 days on 3 off, I thought we were travelling fine, left home monday afternoon for work, great day excellent morning with the wife before I left, I recieved a phone call tuesday afternoon from a close friend saying he saw the wife going to the airport, I rang her 4btimes no answer, 5th answers lies to me after I asked what she was doing as I could hear her on Bluetooth, she was pick8ng up her mother whomhad flown in from nz, 2 hours later I get a message, I'm sorry, I ask for what, I'm sorry, I finally get through on the phone, I get, I can't do this anymore, I don't know who I am, I can't make any decisions, I love you and care for you but that isn't enough, I fly home jext morning and get the same answers, I love her so much, she works, I call her during the day, I ask whos in the office as I can hear other voices, I know all the staff my wife works with and I ask and ask her to say hello for me, he thinks im not trusting and checking up, now taking my son tomnz with her

10 Replies 10

Hello all,

I have been previously married where my 1st wife cheated, I grew up in a family where my parents argued, my mother cheated on my father continuously, I guess my insecurity got to much for my wife, she says always asking here where she was what she was doing and who with, she says now this is the main reason we are seperating, I guess I have broken her down and our marriage at the same time, I'm a worker, have worked hard all my life and spent most of our married life working away, I guess I didn't notice what this was doing

I guess I need to know if there is any chance of my wife wanting to be with me again, she has taken her wedding ring off, started selling our belongings, quit her career of nine years, we even signed paperwork where we are responsible for our own debts and incomes where neither of us are to be liable for each other, I feel it is so final, i'm scared of losing her forever, her mother is still here and i feel like the fifth wheel,