FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Seeking support and advice for a desperate mother who's son is facing jail time - new to this so a bit nervous as to how much to say

MMari
Community Member
Hi. I'm new to this. I'm seeking support and encouragement from mother's and families who are facing or have been in the same situation as myself. My son 23, is facing jail time this month and I'm beyond desperation. I don't sleep, I cry all the time, afraid of losing my job and just two weeks ago my son was placed under suicide watch as he's made several attempts on his life and has made further attempts in the last 12 months leading up to his sentencing. He'll be sentenced a very long way to where I live which will make it even harder for me to visit if the case be that he gets sent to prison. It is his first time offences (that which I cannot discuss), and I'm just so desperate, lonely and heartbroken. I'm afraid of what will happen to him with other prisoners as he's not strong at all. Please help. Desperate mum. :(:(
1 Reply 1

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi MMari, welcome to the forums, I wish it were under less distressing circumstances. We have a thread in our Long Term Support section which you may find helpful, a handful of mums who have had sons in prison and discussing how they've coped. Hope to hear from you again soon.