FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Seeking help new outlook on the edge

RichoC
Community Member

Hello,

I’m just seeking some thoughts on my situation.

I lost my job because I made a mistake at work. No one else makes mistakes apparently. They broke the law in doing that, I’ll get to that soon.

I just got a new job that I thought would be amazing. But it’s not. They lied about the pay, quoted $100k neglected to tell me oh you have to earn commissions to get to that. 10 hour days, processes are a joke. I hate it. 

I’m really on edge. I want out. I did an interview a day ago and could get that and have another Monday. If I get any of those I’m gone in 2 mins. 
it’s put me on edge. My wife wants nothing to do with it, no support, no hug and baby it will be ok, you’ll get a good one, nothing. Complains because I speak at night. Well she’s asleep by 7.30 so when’s good? Said maybe I’ll go and die you’ll be happy then, no more talking, win! Oh that’s abuse haha no it’s a warning. I hate that stuff just not me but when you’re on edge you say dumb things.

I just want to be happy.

4 Replies 4

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

RichoC,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and welcome to the forums.

I can understand your frustration, job-related stress can take a serious toll on the rest of our lives. I'd take a look at Fair Work Australia if you haven't already, and you can have a browse through your entitlements and what you may be able to do in situations that you feel you've been unfairly treated. They're really good and prompt, I've had to go to them a few times now.

Do you have the time/opportunity to engage in anything relaxing or stimulating outside of work? Even just ten-fifteen minutes or so to yourself? Perhaps if the weather permits, do you ever go on walks or see friends socially, or do you have the opportunity to do any hobbies? Provided we can find the time and motivation, these things can be really helpful if we're struggling in other areas of our lives. They can offer a bit of an escape or sense of freedom that's helpful in preparing us to deal with stress and frustrations. 

It sounds like your wife may be trying to offer you support, but not in the way that you had hoped she would. What exactly do you need from her during this time? Is it her encouragement, her listening, her validation, perhaps just her company and a moment where you don't have to think about work?

If there's a point where both of you are free at the same time (maybe on a weekend or less busy weeknight), you could try opening a gentle conversation about what's giving you the most frustration, and the kind of support you may require from her. It's very easy for these kinds of conversations to be overrun with stress, so it may need to be at a time where both of you have a good window of opportunity to sit down and have a chat with no time pressure or other commitments/activities to attend to. Communication about these life stressors is so important, particularly for people who live together. 

I hope this helps, please feel free to reply back if you'd like to. We're here for you.

SB

RichoC
Community Member

Thanks for your reply SB.

I'm all over Fair Work, I'm qualified as a workplace lawyer and good at it. If I need to do anything there I can do so.

I'm trying to go for walks in the day at work, which helps a lot I find. I'm a musician and currently recording a song with a mate which is great fun, my big love. More of that to come this week. 

My Wife tries to help. She thinks sometimes she has to fix it which she cant. I just want her to listen, give e a hug and say its temporary, we'll get through it. We spent time together last night which was great.

Today I have a big job interview that I'm praying to get and waiting on another to come back and say I have that job plus a third just witing on an interview. So some really good things there I pray and hope something will come up for me. Then I'm out of the terrible job and happy again.

Thanks so much.

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

RichoC,

Great to hear back from you! I'm glad to hear that you've been spending more time with your wife, hopefully this quality time has been helping to put your mind more at ease. Recording a song would be so exhilerating, I'm also a musician and that would be such an amazing opportunity. Wishing you all the best with your recording!

How did your job interview go? Are you feeling optimistic about it at this stage?

SB

RichoC
Community Member

HI again,

Yes, music is my savour I love it. great you play too.

Interview was ok got the job. But I just resigned now. It is the worst, the pay was a lie, the hours are killing me, 10 a day. Terrible people.

Now I need to find another fast, tell my Wife I'm out. We discussed leaving, working with a mate now. Just waiting on all that to happen. Applying like crazy now. It's really hard on me. Just want happiness and peace in my life.

See what I can do now, I must succeed. Thanks.