FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

no birthday wishes

redgirl-blackdog
Community Member

Well I suppose I didn't expect anything different, so that's what I got. Yesterday was my birthday. My boys made me gorgeous cards &helped me make a cake for us & that was pretty much it. I've shared my birthday with my late dad for 45 out of my 47 years, so it was never just my day. I've never had a party just for me. I have now realised the couple of (sort of) friends I thought I had, I haven't. Just makes me feel pretty shitty that no one cares. at least Jack-the-dog sits with me when I cry

12 Replies 12

Thankyou Geoff & everyone. Even tho I don't know you all, in a way, it's sorta helps. It was chocolate cake & choc frosting, no 100's & 1000's cause my boys don't like them. My daughter put a message thing on my face book & even people I thought I knew & knew me, responded on her page not mine, and yes they spelt my name wrong.

Reading back over my posts, it sounds like I'm a spoilt whinging so & so because I didn't get lots of good wishes or presents or a party, but that's not me. I know life goes on & people go different ways, but my birthday is always near the local show weekend so it was when everyone came to town & we all made a day of it, another 2 mates had birthdays around the same time so it turned into a fun w/e. I sent texts to those people because they didn't answer home phones, but like I said at first, maybe I was expecting too much to get anything back. I'm just having a little vent now because I saw an "acquaintance" today & they mentioned a post on my daughter's Facebook page & still didn't say anything to me about belated birthday greetings. I just must be expecting too much of people because I keep getting disappointed. Sorry for another whinge about birthdays 😞

hi redgirl-blackdog. No need to apologize, we all like to be remembered on birthdays. It hurts like Hell when people don't acknowledge, even when they know or are told, and still don't acknowledge. Are you the sort of person who remembers everyone else for birthdays, that would make it harder. Crying would be a release of the pain you feel and totally understandable. You are human with feelings and emotions and you're feeling as though you've been forgotten. Unfortunately, people can be cruel and selfish and accepting this is hard. I therefor take this opportunity of re-sending you special greetings and hope this can somehow make up.

Lynda