FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New relationship or FWB

Witchy76
Community Member

ok so I’ve started dating again. But he’s a truck driver who works 7 days a week. We catch up once or twice a week for dinner. He pays for everything he’s very gentlemanly. He pays for a hotel room for me as I have a two hour drive. He will stay till near midnight and then has to leave to get up at 4 am. We text everyday he rings me all the time. We both enjoy each others company and miss each other for the whole week.

my dilemma is I want more then this but he’s happy catching up like we do. Says I’m the highlight of his week. 
I dunno 🤷‍♀️ What to do or think. It would be nice to have someone to wake up to in the morning and go to bed with at night time. Lately all I seem to do is date guys like this. Happy in their own spaces , enjoy your company but then are happy for you to go home until next time. 🤷‍♀️

4 Replies 4

Kim1988
Community Member

If you want more than what he’s offering tell him. It’s best to be honest otherwise you could end up getting hurt. If you’re happy in a FWB situation that’s fine, but if you want more than that just be honest with him about it.

He will either step up to the plate and meet your expectations or he will tell you he’s happy with the way things are. He might be a nice guy, but if he can’t give you more than a FWB don’t settle for less than you deserve.

Witchy76
Community Member

Thanks for replying, forgot to really asked if this sounds like a friends with benefits situation or a slow burning relationship.?

he also pays for his 35 year old daughters house rates and bills and cars etc and doesn’t want to upset her because the youngest grandson has an illness. He’s a very caring person but mmmm I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Witchy, this chap may have the best of both worlds, he may have a family who he tells that he's away driving, while dating you and can't stay with you because he's driving or with his family.

He may be very nice with you but please be aware.

If someone does this for a person then they want to stay with them overnight but when they can't do this, it raises a flag, so please be careful.Geoff.

Life Member.

Witchy76
Community Member

hi Geoff thanks for replying, I don’t get those vibes from him. He doesn’t do interstate driving just local. But I think I will be having a good chat with him tonight. 
I can buy myself a house if I can find one cheap enough yay, cos my husband Is still in the back yard , if he knew I was dating , oh boy, we been split for 2 years, sounds like I’ve gone from one shit relationship to another 🙄