FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Negative thoughts about my Fiancee

Damien2812
Community Member

Hello all

About 2 months ago I feel into negative thought patterns about my fiancee. My thoughts were- Do I want to break up?, Do I want to get married?, and Do I love her? Anyone else fell into this before marriage?

Damien2812

38 Replies 38

Tess2
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Take care and move forward to a new future.

Damien2812
Community Member
Thanks..

Hi Damien, that's sad to hear, but from what has been said, it's an awkward situation.

I hope you both can come to an agreement, love is much stronger than the dollar.

Geoff.

Damien

Hope it all works out for you. If we can help in any way feel free to let us know.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Was the best since she was always stubborn regarding on buying property.

You will find happiness in a better place. Hang tight. It's true what they say, good things come to those who wait

Hello everyone I'm back. As you all know I've recently separated from my fiancee and the expectation of owning property and getting married all in 3 months hasn't been bothering me now. My ex messaged me on Saturday clearing up a few things with what's been happening since we split up. She said since I have mental health issues I went by this break up badly and said that she is scared what could of happened in our future if this went on. Basically she said she still loves me and thinks of me but has come to terms that we wont be together anymore and finished with goodbye and take care. Yesterday night she messaged me regarding her cousin is having another child and said her sister is possibly pregnant. What I'm getting at is she has told me with her weekend message this would be the last time we talk but yesterday night sends me a text. I'm not too sure what to think of this..

Terry73
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Damien, I wouldnt worry about the texts so much, in fact they are probably a good thing, as you say, she still has feelings for you, so she at least wants to contact you as a friend to keep you up to date on her life as well as know about how you are going. Maybe things could get better in the future so she isnt "burning bridges" in case where she will not feel scared anymore. Maybe it wont, but she still cares so she is possibly offering friendship support. Many men would dream of having their Ex actually be concerned for them, so while it lasts, think of it as a blessing rather than anything else.

Thanks for the reply. I did reply back to her but haven't received anything back yet. I am feeling anxious but not as much before the breakup. I still do think of her and miss her but I always try to reassure myself I made the right decision by breaking this up but I do feel down when you see everyone happily together when you just had that. I knew when I decided to breakup that I would feel like this.

Damien2812
Community Member
I'm alot calmer since the relationship ended. I asked my GP and he said I have GAD.