FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mother's Day

HelloGail
Community Member

I am back after posting December 22 to April 23. My daughter told me in a matter of fact way, we were not arguing but our relationship became strained. She rang me on 14 March 2023, just to tell me she doesnt want me in her life anymore. Talk about a slow burn. I wanted to end my life early this morning as I didn't want to face Mother's Day. I still haven't heard from her since 14th March. Relationship Australia suggested I send her a message to let her know the door is always open. I texted her on 19 April 23 letting her know I am thinking of her, love mum xo. But there was no response. So I cancelled my next appointment and went off BeyondBlue website as I just 'give up'. It is hurting so much today, how could my only child be so cruel. She us age 25 and is moving to the UK to live on 4 June. I am not handling this

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi HelloGail,

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your bravery in sharing today. We can hear you’ve been through some really difficult times with your daughter and it's understandable today is tough for you. We’re really glad you could come to the forum to share this with the community. We know it isn’t easy to share something like this, but we really appreciate your openness and bravery in sharing.

We’ve reached out to you privately to make sure you’re ok. If you want to reach out to our counsellors to talk this through, we’re on 1300 22 4636, and you can reach us online here. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support
There are also our friends over at the Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.
If you’re feeling suicidal or are having thoughts about harming yourself, it's important that you take immediate steps to keep safe. If you feel unable to keep yourself from acting on your thoughts about suicide or self-harm this is an emergency, and you need to call 000 (triple zero).

Please keep sharing your words on our forums. Many forum members may have experience with some of the challenges you mention, and we think they will find great value in your courageous words.

Kind regards,
Sophie M

Thank you. I am on phone to Lifeline. I decided to try emailing my daughter to please call and talk miss you. She rang saying she did not get my text as she had blocked me. We had a talk, I said I was sorry for being snappy after my surgery. She is still in SA but fly out to France on 30 May but we will keep in touch. I still feel sad and sore. Lifeline busy today understandably