FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Married but have had no sex or sexual appetite for over 20 years.

Mal50
Community Member
Hi all, I know it's not normal for a guy to be this way. I haven't desired any form of intimacy with my wife, or anyone else, for more than 20 years. I suspect it's due to my severe depression and anxiety disorder. Should I seek professional counselling? I don't consider it a major problem, but what are your thoughts?
13 Replies 13

Dambuster
Community Member
Hi pipsy's I am a new comer from the men's shed on line. I just saw your post and thought I would tell you about me. I have had 5 hart attacks, a triple bypass, retired 16 years now, married 50 years this august. I have never been there once, tried a few times, no go. I also got electrocuted 3000v. I am 74. 75 this year, do you think its age or the medical condition causing it. DAMBUSTER.

pipsy
Community Member

Hi Dambuster. What are you asking me? You said you've never been there once, tried a few times, no go. May I enquire what you're actually asking. If you're referring to your age being a factor in someway, about whatever you're asking, talk to your G.P.

Lynda.

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Dambuster, welcome across from the Shed. This is a thread for providing support for Mal50 and his situation. Could you start a thread of your own to discuss your story?

Mr_Cool
Community Member

Hi Mal50,

I haven't experienced any issues as a child, but can understand that it could have a significant impact.

The fact that you raised the question means that you see something is not right.

I would think that if it doesn't affect your relationship then that's the most important consideration, but do you talk about it?

Lots of couples don't have sex, but do that have other ways of showing love and having a solid relationship. Or are your childhood feelings troubling you. Hiding them away doesn't make them go away.