FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Husband has stopped talking to me

LoisFly
Community Member
I have been married for 10 years and up until 6 months ago between in a very loving relationship with my husband. We have always been very affectionate towards each other and loving. I have no idea why hut he has almost stopped talking to me, doesn't want to touch me. Doesn't say I love you anymore. He says he's going through a hard time and avoids the house and spends hours at the gym or with his mates. I have no idea what to do and feel devestated that he has cut me out of his life. Help
13 Replies 13

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LoisFly, I understand how you must be feeling and it is very distressing to find out that he is having an affair.

I know you may feel as though the trust in your marriage has been broken, so are there any friends you can confide in, and I'd really like to know what you think you are going to do, only if you want to.

Please confide in with your doctor and ask them about the 'mental health plan', this will entitle you to 10 Medicare paid sessions to see a psychologist.

I am worried about you and would love to hear back from you.

Please take care.

Geoff.

Evie82
Community Member
Hi I'm so sorry you are in the depths of soul destroying heartbreak... I have been there and when I read your initial post unfortunately I knew this would be the case but didn't have the heart to pull the rug out from under you. I can't tell you how or why this has happened but please know your not alone. Allow yourself to grieve and make an appointment to see the Dr please be kind to yourself and take one day at a time. Sending you virtual hugs you can get thru this Xx

LoisFly
Community Member
Thanks guys it is absolutely heart breaking and final. I feel totally lost. I have confided in close friends and family and I'm seeing a counsellor Tuesday. I haven't spoken to my husband since last night and the saddest part is knowing that I mean nothing to him when he means everything to me. I am not going to stay in the relationship though. Thanks for your support I feel it's a sad road ahead and very painful and raw right now but there is no other way other than to feel this person

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LoisFly, a lovely reply from Evie and what you have said ' not going to stay in the relationship' is the decision you have made and I do agree with you.

Is it possible for you to ask him to collect his belongings or perhaps a family member or friend can do this for you, I'm really sorry for you.

Can I suggest you write down what has happened and how, so that you can hand it over to your doctor, this only makes it easier because when they ask you 'how can I help you' it's easy to forget parts you wanted to say.

I also hope that your friends and family are a great help in this very difficult situation.

Please let us know how you are going.

Take care.

Geoff.