FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help my family is falling apart

Badluckgirl1
Community Member

Hi

Im new to this but i am in need of help. I seem to have been through so much. Its just one thing after another and i just don't know what to do anymore. The latest thing that has hit me is my son has gone off the rails he is in his 20s with the wrong crowd and living a thugs life. I want to help him but he has shut me out and doesn't want help. Please where do i go? What do i do?

12 Replies 12

Community Member

Hi, I'm 12 years old and my family keeps arguing. My brother is a teenager and he always is in his room and he doesn't help much. My Mum does all the dishes and cleans and cooks and Dad doesn't help and he doesn't say thank you. I try to help Mum as best I can but no one else does and she's stuck doing all the housework. Mum and Dad keep arguing and I try to stop but I can't and now they aren't as close as they used to be. I need some advice to help me see the brighter side of things here.

Thankyou

Helen72
Community Member

Hi,

My daughter is 13 and I very much appreciate her help. I'm sure your mother does too.

You can't do much about your parents and your brother's behaviour. But you can continue to help your mother and look after yourself.

How's school? Do you have a hobby? Do you sleep and eat well? Have you contacted HeadSpace? Have you got anyone you can talk too?

Helen

Guest909
Community Member

Hi 123450

I agree with Helen. All you can do is help your mum as best you can. I'm sure your support will help her through this difficult time.

Try and have a talk with your mum if you are really worried. If you have grandparents, talk to them; they might be able to help.

Just a few ideas you can try.