FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Girlfriend gone, where to next?

confirmed08
Community Member
well last time I posted I was afraid of losing my then girlfriend. I only went and lost her. I've been pretty distraught, not being able to concentrate, missing her, crying a lot, and I just can't see myself ever getting out of this hole I'm in. I tried so hard to help her, to make her happy, and I ruined it all. Of course she assured me I didn't but I just can't convince myself, I can't let go. She's the best I was ever gonna have. I've been seeing a psychologist for about a month now but it feels as if it's going nowhere, not helped by the lack of motivation to help and recover myself. Without her what's even the point of recovering? We had our first call in about two months, first interaction online in 3 weeks, and I just couldn't tell her, I don't know, should I tell her how much this has affected me? That call was probably my chance but we're so distant know I didn't really know what to say. Is telling her just mean and selfish? I'm so lost.
10 Replies 10

The_Bro
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Gidday again Confirmed08 and thanks for your reply!

I didn't realise what age you are. Speaking from experience, being younger only makes your separation pain all that more poignant. Young love is very powerful!

I clearly remember some breakups I had when around your age and I thought the world had come to an end every time. But you know what? Life is great, it goes on and you very much so have a wonderful life ahead of you.

You will look back on this as a learning experience for sure.

Keep your head up and self respect intact. I heard a song by the Black Keys the other day. Don't know the song name but this line in it was used in it several times - 'A broken heart is blind'.

I guess that means when new to a break up we might well do something we might regret later?

Anyway I am sure your Year 12 will be a massive success!

All the best, The Bro