FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Forgive and forget? Addiction

GemAndLogan
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

My partner and I have been together for 9 years.

We have been through a lot together both good and bad.

Last year however, I found myself in a position I never thought I'd be in.

My partner started using and became addicted to ice behind my back and all our trouble started.

He hid his addiction from me until he started acting like a crazy person, he was a complete opposite of who is really is, he cheated on me, he broke the law and caused police to raid our home twice, he completely shut out everyone who is important and I found myself alone more often than not.

He is now clean and has been clean for 4 months, he sees a counselor twice a week and gets drug tested weekly. He's not drinking or touching any drugs at all and is back to his old self.

Of course, he wants to move on and leave the past behind him however I am still so hurt over what I was put through.

Do I forgive the person he is knowing that the person who wronged me wasn't really him and support him for getting clean or do I up and leave knowing that the trust will never be there again?

I'd love to move forward, I just dont know if I can

12 Replies 12

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

GemAndLogan, really good that you are seeing some positives. Been able to talk about is just so important so really well done on that.

Keep coming back here if you want and post more questions if you need to. You are on a journey and we are here to support you through that.

Mark.

GemAndLogan
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thank you so much

I really appreciate it : )

Gem

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

GemAndLogan, you're welcome.

Mark.