FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

feeling so lost & alone

lost_empty
Community Member
Hi I'm new here. My partner just broke up with me after being together for 14 years & I can't stop crying. I'm haunted by the memories of things we've done together & all the things we were yet to do. I don't have any close friends she was my life my love my best friend now I feel my life is over
10 Replies 10

I do feel depressed & I don't have any will at the moment & to be honest I wouldn't care if I died but I'm not going to end my life, I hope it will get better but I know it's going to take time. My strength is sadly lacking & if I get out of bed I just end up on the lounge. I know I need to try & do something but I just couldn't be bothered. I wish I could be angry it might motivate me into doing something even if it's just simple & small, at least it'd be a start.... hopefully. Who I was, was a happy easy going person who loved life was strong & independent, I stood up for myself & what I believed in. Ultimately I'd like to be the person I was but it's hard to imagine that when I've lost my happiness, dreams & hope. Having support & being able to talk about it is great & it does help but I know I'm the only one to get me moving & it's hard when the grief takes over. I'm sorry to hear that Sara.