FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost and in love, tell us your reasons.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

We have many comments about being in love with someone but unable to achieve what we desire for many reasons.

Love is a beautiful word that can be expressed by just a small smile, a floating kiss or even a simple message that only has a word or two, such as I cherish you, I want you to be by my side or more adoring words, sometimes we are too afraid to show our love and causes problems that we were not expecting.

Why do we show our pets more love than we do with our partner/spouse?

All thoughts are welcome, both good and those that truly upset us.

Take care.

Geoff.

274 Replies 274

Hello RX and Sleepy, we never know what's going to happen tomorrow.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Heya Rx,

The world works in very strange ways. I hope you were able to find some closure from this experience.

Jt

Hi All,

So here I am again. I don’t really want to go over it all again as I’ve talk about it here and on my own thread. I don’t even want to think about it really. She texted me yesterday saying that she had been waiting for 20 months for me to come back (as a friend) and I said I wish I could but I can’t. She wanted to know if I wanted to come to her wedding to which I said no. Yes, there is going to be a wedding. It was a fairly emotionally exhausting three hour text conversation that I tried to leave once because I was getting upset. I told her it takes different people different amounts of time to get over things.

She just doesn’t get it. Doesn’t understand why I’m feeling hurt. Then she got assertive about the business we share and she runs, that she wants to take ownership of. I provided her with two alternatives that I thought were fairer and would give her the result she wanted and I have been waiting for her to get back to me.

Just when I was starting to feel a bit better (relatively) and was more able to sit with it and accept the way things are, back she pops and unsettles me again - and leaves me hanging - which is her habit.

I think I am being overly sensitive. I’ve spent today and yesterday feeling awful and having the whole thing swirling around in my head again. I have literally done nothing except get out of bed and get dressed. Like a giant leap backwards. A temporary setback and I’m sure I’ll rally around again tomorrow.

Thank you for listening. It helps.

WF

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi Geoff.

No l suppose not . l've told people many times you just never know what's going to be around the next bend , it can all change in a heartbeat .

Hi jt . Closure , don't really know tbh. l must admit l am a bit disappointed that she will now never know the truth buttttt. There is an acceptance though in that l know now she has moved on and she's building a whole new life for herself which is probably best.

rx

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi Geoff , hope your doing ok.

Been wanting to bring up this question and wondering what your thoughts and observations, or maybe even people you've know, have been over the yrs.

What do you think of ex's trying again ? Maybe they were once married , or together for a long time but rocky , or the stars just didn't seem to want to align for them the first time maybe through even no fault of their own , or for whatever reasons they'd split up one way or other.

Do you think it can work next time ? l know that depends on many things buttt, we've probably all known someone that have tried again.

All the best

rx