FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depressed. Love her and left her.

DianaPrince
Community Member

This is what my partner did. After a period of withdrawing from me he told me loves me more than anything or anyone.. but that he can't commit to a relationship and can't be with me. A few weeks later he said he said he regretted breaking up with me... and that he still loves me... but doesn't want his depression to hurt me. It's almost beautiful in a way... after some time talking again he again withdrew and this new years told me he wants me to let go. I can't. I love him. I will always love him. I will never abandon him.

I don't understand why he left if he loves me so?

Why push away the one person who loves you the most... the one person who cares and can really support you?

10 Replies 10

I have never had severe depression. I have bipolar ii which i manage. In my manic or crash periods i avoid people i love because i hate the nastiness i dish out to them and have lost many a friend at those times. But a few months ago, my partner (this same one who is depressed now) - he saw me manic and crashing... and i felt so angry at myself, but he just sat beside me as i cried my eyes out saying I'm a horrible person and he said, "i don't mind if you're manic... because i love you, i love you and I'm not going anywhere". And i remember that so clearly as if it was yesterday... so when he says unkind things and pushes me away i am reminded of his kindness and love. I just wish he would let me be there for him like he was for me.